Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Indy 500 2019

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    Not seen the fly over. Have they changed that as well this year. They always came right over the house.
    Me neither....they usually circle around my place before the approach to the track.

Master

User Info Menu

Not seen the fly over. Have they changed that as well this year. They always came right over the house.
    I think they are starting later than normal. National anthem now

User Info Menu

The Speedway might set the rules for broadcast, but the lying news media, specifically WTHR local channel 13 has been bragging all week about the race being broadcast live.

User Info Menu

I saw a flight of Blackhawks earlier but I didn't see the National Anthem Flyover. USAF Heritage Flight had an F-16, A-10, P-51 Mustang and P-40 Warhawk. The Stang and the Warhawk are "Heritage", but it makes me feel old when they include a Viper and a Hawg.
    INGOer #25,448

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by indykid View Post
    The Speedway might set the rules for broadcast, but the lying news media, specifically WTHR local channel 13 has been bragging all week about the race being broadcast live.
    Was it "We"-WTHR or "We"-NBC? Either way it sucks. Prior to moving to central Indiana 20 years ago I watched every race that I can remember. Even the ex soon learned to stay the **** away from me during the 500. If only she had just learned to stay the **** away from me period but that's a different story!
    Yes I am for gun control!! A firm grip, steady aim, and a gentle squeeze!!

What comes after your first "infraction"? Double Secret Probation perhaps???

Marksman

User Info Menu

NBC must think they're doing the rest of us a favor to broadcast the race, just endured a several minute commercial string starting with Herta's caution without any race coverage.

User Info Menu

Fly over after the National Anthem only saw 1 jet [not sure what kind] did 2 barrel rolls over my house and left slowly to the north. I am 1 mile east of track.
    The meek shall inherit the earth.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by indykid View Post
    Okay, so I'm not the only one that was under this impression! It was only this morning that they said ANYTHING about the race being shown at 7 p.m..

And femurphy, it was WTHR doing the bragging. I'm not even listening on the radio.

User Info Menu

Maybe its just me but there seems to be a lot of commercials.

User Info Menu

I'll give WTHR a break, maybe they don't understand that a delayed broadcast at 7PM is not the same as a live broadcast at 12:45PM. Maybe they think seeing the live race delayed is the same as a live race in real time. (Purple as needed)

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast