• ...and so much more!
  • Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I would love to go to qualifying tomorrow but since this is my first weekend off in months my wife has a list for me as long as the race. Sunday it is supposed to rain. . theres a surprise.

I havent been to the track since my daughter was born so its been a while. I was thinking of going down for Carb Day but I heard it can be quite busy, is this correct? I used to go to Carb Day every year and it was not too bad.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Carb day is always a mad house, but worth attending. If you want to go i would buy some parking passes off a scalper now. Or else you'll be walking a mile or more on carb day from where you park outside of the track. You have to have a parking pass to park inside

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The honey-do list will be there next weekend and for most its a 3 day weekend...so even more time for honey do's while listening to the race on the radio. It's a win- win

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Trying to get the house ready to sell so all I see is paint, new backsplash, refinish the hardwood floors and fixing the garage door over the next couple months. Not much fun since I work 70 hours a week.

Thanks for the tip on the parking pass, good idea.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Trying to get the house ready to sell so all I see is paint, new backsplash, refinish the hardwood floors and fixing the garage door over the next couple months. Not much fun since I work 70 hours a week.

Thanks for the tip on the parking pass, good idea.

We live 10 blocks to the inch north of the 4th turn gates. The crowd on carb day makes the qualy crowd look dismal.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I think I am going to do Carb Day. Found several people on Craigslist offering parking in their yards a block from the track for $20.00, parking at the track is sold out.

Question for the regulars. . what time would you suggest getting down there? Practice starts at 11:00.

And, can you walk through the pits on Carb Day?

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Roger Penske wants a guaranteed spot in the race for regular drivers. I think they should also split the race into 3 heats and have a yellow start line in the middle of the track.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Roger Penske wants a guaranteed spot in the race for regular drivers. I think they should also split the race into 3 heats and have a yellow start line in the middle of the track.

This is no stretch if you just count the cars. Not enough to run a bump day anymore.

Pathetic.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    This is no stretch if you just count the cars. Not enough to run a bump day anymore.

Pathetic.
    Theres 36 this year. 3 wont make it.
    2 didnt make it last year
    Bump day is coming back.

The question was asked how early to show up for carb day next week? Answer; 5am :): As soon as they open the gates, id be there. Its a zoo and the early bird catches the worm. Get inside and start drinking till stuff opens and starts. Consider it practice for race day.

Can you walk the pits on carb day? Not without proper team credentials or a suite credential (suites will issue a certain number of lanyards to their guests for the day). or a silver badge will get you pit acces too.

They let bronze badge holders stroll the pits on one day, i cant remember which day that is. But besides that one day, bronze is garage access only. Silver is garage & pits.
    Credentials will say on them what the access is. And will be good for race day too, badges arent good on race day.

Last edited:

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    You know what's funny to me? I grew up on the west side and I don't give a rodent's behind about the race itself, but I volunteer to work the race events because it's the best time I've ever had doing my job. Working inside the track on carb or race day I can go wherever I please but the crowd is second to none. Such an awesome group of fans from all over the world, it's truly a good time.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    The question was asked how early to show up for carb day next week? Answer; 5am :): As soon as they open the gates, id be there. Its a zoo and the early bird catches the worm. Get inside and start drinking till stuff opens and starts. Consider it practice for race day.

Can you walk the pits on carb day? Not without proper team credentials or a suite credential (suites will issue a certain number of lanyards to their guests for the day). or a silver badge will get you pit acces too.

They let bronze badge holders stroll the pits on one day, i cant remember which day that is. But besides that one day, bronze is garage access only. Silver is garage & pits.
    Credentials will say on them what the access is. And will be good for race day too, badges arent good on race day.

This is a good bit of information right here, thank you.

Drinking through the day may be a bit difficult as I will be with 5 girls. . three little, the wife and her sister.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    This is a good bit of information right here, thank you.

Drinking through the day may be a bit difficult as I will be with 5 girls. . three little, the wife and her sister.
    I understand. I dont drink either but it seems that's all people go to the track for anymore lol.
    Its a fun time. The crowd is good and fun. Theres nothing like the atmosphere at the brickyard in may.
    They have lots of things for the kids to do in the infield. Youll see it all.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I spaced it, bought my passes for Carb Day, but forgot to add on parking, so I’m going to skip it this year. Walking in SUCKS! Parking inside is the ONLY way to go.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I spaced it, bought my passes for Carb Day, but forgot to add on parking, so I’m going to skip it this year. Walking in SUCKS! Parking inside is the ONLY way to go.
    If you get there when it opens you can park in the IMS lot across from the straightaway and literally walk across the street and into the track. Probably less walking than parking in the infield to a shuttle.

Top Bottom