Al Unser Jr. Busted in Avon (OWI; Third Time)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Seen this earlier today. Definitely kind of sad, a 2 time Indy winner driving a VW Bug :whistle:

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    That kinda stinks, I thought he was still sober. I had heard he lived here in Fort Wayne with Tom Kelley for a while trying to stay clean.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    VW Bug was a loaner or a rental I’m sure. But it doesn’t take a brain surgeon to figure out you probably shouldn’t be driving up and down Ronald Reagan Parkway between Rockville and 10th St. blitzed at two in the morning. I’m wondering what his BAL was. He was driving falling down drunk, literally.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I could care less who he is, at minimum third time obitual offender.He needs to got to prison.

He won't. He hired James Voyles to defend him, which means old Al Jr. has plenty of cash laying around to keep his butt out of prison. I'm really sick of the media portraying this guy as the poor victim. Oh poor Al, he's got a bad disease, oh he's just fighting his demons....screw this guy.

He could have called an Uber, a friend, a cab instead of getting behind the wheel totally blasted. He didn't. I hope he gets the book thrown at him but he won't.

Lookup scum bag has-been and you'll see his fat stupid face.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Jimmy Voyles will serve as to be no more than an expensive plea broker in this case. As a society we don't send drunk drivers to prison unless they kill someone, and even then it's barely any time at all.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Regardless this still saddens me. Having been deeply involved with the Speedway I have thrown back a few with Jr. Also the elder Unsers.
    The year he won his 1st we knew several of the crew and they stopped by on Monday. He was with them. A really fun guy but man he could suck them down even then.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    He won't. He hired James Voyles to defend him, which means old Al Jr. has plenty of cash laying around to keep his butt out of prison. I'm really sick of the media portraying this guy as the poor victim. Oh poor Al, he's got a bad disease, oh he's just fighting his demons....screw this guy.

He could have called an Uber, a friend, a cab instead of getting behind the wheel totally blasted. He didn't. I hope he gets the book thrown at him but he won't.

Lookup scum bag has-been and you'll see his fat stupid face.

Third OWI, screw this guy. Thank goodness he did not kill an innocent victim.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Is is sad indeed, so much potential and talent. Alcoholism is a disease, but we all make choices.

I recalled that in the early 2000's he was arrested for battery on his girlfriend after drinking at the Classy Chassis. I don't remember how the case was resolved, and he has picked up at least two more OWI's since then.

It will be interesting to see what the BAC turns out to be. As noted above, this is going to be one expensive criminal defense for Mr. Unser.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Jimmy Voyles will serve as to be no more than an expensive plea broker in this case. As a society we don't send drunk drivers to prison unless they kill someone, and even then it's barely any time at all.

I hired a young man last year that just got out of walbash for drunk driving, he didn't kill or hurt anyone for the six or seven dui's he earned.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom