• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    For those of you who had the pleasure of knowing Nick Andersen aka Indygunguy, it is with great sorrow to share that he passed away on 5/22/19 at 5:20 from cancer. Nick was an avid runner and shooter, and ran a mini marathon just over 30 days ago. He was surrounded by family and friends as he passed in his sleep. Please remember his wife and their family in your prayers.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    RIP Nick.

For those that don't know him personally, Nick and his wife are active volunteers with Revere's Riders. I didn't know him well, but I did have the good fortune to attend a couple of RR events with them, as well as a Managing Confrontations class. They are good people for sure.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Wow.... I’m speechless. I met Nick several years ago and bought several items from him. He was a very stand-up guy. He will truly be missed by the shooting community.

RIP Nick.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So sorry to hear this. Never met him but he was a familiar fixture here on INGO. And yes, cancer does suck. RIP Nick. Prayers for his family and friends.

hammerd13

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Hard to believe that Nick is gone. A reminder of how unfair life/death can be.

I'll forever remember Nick and will be sending good thoughts to his wife and remaining family and friends as they process this horrible loss.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    This is very sad news indeed! There aren't any words. Just, . I mean, ... yeah :( cancer sucks. As much as I live without expecting life to be fair and know it not to be, I still want to yell "it's not fair!"

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    This came as a total shock to me today. I would like to believe we were well acquainted. I first met him years ago when he stopped at my table at the 1500 and over the years we would see each other a couple times each year and visit. He's younger than the OG and way younger than me, it's just difficult to believe that we don't have the science today to keep cancer from taking someone so young so quickly.

chubbs

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Jun 2, 2009
    North of hell, south of heaven
    Was sad to hear the news this morning. I had the pleasure of shooting with and volunteering with Nick at multiple shoots. Great guy to be around. He always had me laughing with his super troopers meow joke. "Shooters, your preperation period begins meow". Thoughts and prayers for his family and friends.

Top Bottom