• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Meeting a fellow INGOer somewhere close to the north side of 465 and 31. Anyone familiar with that area? Where should we meet?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    There is a McDonald's at 96th and Meridian. A couple of gas stations near that area too.

There is a shopping center with a Walmart, Menards and old Marsh parking lot (possibly less crowded) up around Meridian & 131st St.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Meeting for a quick buy in a parking lot or to sit and have a conversation? Really either way I would take the 116th street exit. South of 116th west of 31. There are many places in the "Market District". CVS, Jimmy Johns, upity grocery store, McDonalds... new place, well lit.
    Logistically it is a little easier getting off and on 31 and 465 to stay north of 465.

And if you hit it off, there are hotels nearby. :-)

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I would avoid this area anytime near to rush hours. Other than that I have no actual memory of which places have security camera's and which don't. I assume you would want them. Evenings/weekends... The McDonalds on 116th or the 96th are likely good to prevent being alone in a parking lot, the lot in SE corner of 96th and meridian has Daddy Jacks, which means there will be open businesses in a lit lot.

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    Meeting for a quick buy in a parking lot or to sit and have a conversation? Really either way I would take the 116th street exit. South of 116th west of 31. There are many places in the "Market District". CVS, Jimmy Johns, upity grocery store, McDonalds... new place, well lit.
    Logistically it is a little easier getting off and on 31 and 465 to stay north of 465.

And if you hit it off, there are hotels nearby. :-)

I would avoid this area anytime near to rush hours. Other than that I have no actual memory of which places have security camera's and which don't. I assume you would want them. Evenings/weekends... The McDonalds on 116th or the 96th are likely good to prevent being alone in a parking lot, the lot in SE corner of 96th and meridian has Daddy Jacks, which means there will be open businesses in a lit lot.

Rookie, don't know if you have been to the meetup, but SDH is right on with both these suggestions.
    There is also a GetGo gas station at 116th (west of 31, on Illinois St south of 116th: 11545 N Illinois St) that is easy to get in & out. Just beware that you will be in Carmel country, and roundabouts are everywhere.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Rookie, don't know if you have been to the meetup, but SDH is right on with both these suggestions.
    There is also a GetGo gas station at 116th (west of 31, on Illinois St south of 116th: 11545 N Illinois St) that is easy to get in & out. Just beware that you will be in Carmel country, and roundabouts are everywhere.
    Did you say roundabouts?

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Met at the McDonald's. When I pulled in, I noticed a Lexus that had tried to drive over the curb and managed to get high centered. When I was done with the INGOer, I walked over to see if I could help. The guy was an Indian who could barely speak English. I asked if he wanted help and he said, "triple a". I asked if they were coming and he said he didn't know. I asked again if he wanted help and he pointed to a woman sitting in the passenger seat. I asked her if she wanted help or if she wanted to wait for triple A. She said she couldn't find triple A. I told her I could get them unstuck or they could get triple A, and she said she wanted my help. Fortunately, there were some brick sized rocks, so I jacked up the car, shoved a bunch of rocks under the tire, and had him drive off the curb. The guy told me, "you are good American" and tried to pay me, but I told him to keep his money and help someone else out when he can.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Met at the McDonald's. When I pulled in, I noticed a Lexus that had tried to drive over the curb and managed to get high centered. When I was done with the INGOer, I walked over to see if I could help. The guy was an Indian who could barely speak English. I asked if he wanted help and he said, "triple a". I asked if they were coming and he said he didn't know. I asked again if he wanted help and he pointed to a woman sitting in the passenger seat. I asked her if she wanted help or if she wanted to wait for triple A. She said she couldn't find triple A. I told her I could get them unstuck or they could get triple A, and she said she wanted my help. Fortunately, there were some brick sized rocks, so I jacked up the car, shoved a bunch of rocks under the tire, and had him drive off the curb. The guy told me, "you are good American" and tried to pay me, but I told him to keep his money and help someone else out when he can.

Well played, sir.

Top Bottom