Amazon! Why You Gotta Go and Do Me Like That?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Last Monday (06/03/2019) I was shopping for a textbook for the course I am taking this summer. I decided to purchase a used copy from one of Amazon's "partners" and paid about four times the regular shipping in order to have the book delivered between 06/05 and 06/07. Even with the expedited shipping, it was less than purchasing a used copy directly from Amazon Prime.

The book was not delivered by the 7th, nor was it delivered a day late (yesterday). I wanted to start working today, but I can't. The tracking info on Amazon says that it was shipped on 06/05, but now it's "late." When I don't pay extra for shipping, I don't get too bent out of shape when something is a few days late, because stuff happens. But 1) I paid extra for having it delivered on time, and 2) they confirmed shipping on 06/05.

This is uncool. The big question is, why did I fall for it? Money is tight now, but in almost every case where an Amazon purchase has been late, it was when I ordered from one of their "partners." I should have spent the extra cash and ordered through Prime.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Last Monday (06/03/2019) I was shopping for a textbook for the course I am taking this summer. I decided to purchase a used copy from one of Amazon's "partners" and paid about four times the regular shipping in order to have the book delivered between 06/05 and 06/07. Even with the expedited shipping, it was less than purchasing a used copy directly from Amazon Prime.

The book was not delivered by the 7th, nor was it delivered a day late (yesterday). I wanted to start working today, but I can't. The tracking info on Amazon says that it was shipped on 06/05, but now it's "late." When I don't pay extra for shipping, I don't get too bent out of shape when something is a few days late, because stuff happens. But 1) I paid extra for having it delivered on time, and 2) they confirmed shipping on 06/05.

This is uncool. The big question is, why did I fall for it? Money is tight now, but in almost every case where an Amazon purchase has been late, it was when I ordered from one of their "partners." I should have spent the extra cash and ordered through Prime.

Call and complain, I have had that problem before with Amazon and each time I have at least gotten my shipping back and twice they shipped another product and within a few days I had two of the same produce delivered. Sometimes even the two day through prime shows up days late, especially when I Prime stuff to my son at 29 Palms.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Call and complain, I have had that problem before with Amazon and each time I have at least gotten my shipping back and twice they shipped another product and within a few days I had two of the same produce delivered. Sometimes even the two day through prime shows up days late, especially when I Prime stuff to my son at 29 Palms.

I shall! Right now the web site says I have to wait a while longer, but no matter when I get the book, I'm talking to Amazon about it.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Buying from an amazon “partner” has always been a deal breaker for me. I buy a lot of cables, adapters, electronic type stuff from them, and I just don’t trust some random seller on there.

Yeah, I’d definitely be bending somebodies ear over a situation like this, but I feel confident amazon will make it right, monetarily, anyway.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Thanks for the advice, guys.

I just spoke with a representative at Amazon. He's contacting the third party seller to tell them about the problem and get the shipping charges refunded. I ordered a new copy from Prime, which will be here by Tuesday. That's not today, but could be worse. Then when the used copy arrives, I will return the new copy for a full refund, as per the discussion.

Amazon customer service has been excellent the few times I've had to contact them.

Lesson learned!

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Amazon customer service has been good to me too. A few years ago, I ordered some bbq sauce from a third party. Before I bought it, I contacted the seller and asked if it was a six pack because the price reflected what a six pack should be. The seller assured me it was six bottles. When I got the package, it was one bottle. I contacted the seller and told them there was a mistake. The seller told me no mistake, it was for one bottle. I sent the email showing where he said it was six bottles, and he basically told me tough ****. I sent all the emails to Amazon, and they refunded my money and let me keep the bottle.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Thanks for the advice, guys.

I just spoke with a representative at Amazon. He's contacting the third party seller to tell them about the problem and get the shipping charges refunded. I ordered a new copy from Prime, which will be here by Tuesday. That's not today, but could be worse. Then when the used copy arrives, I will return the new copy for a full refund, as per the discussion.

Amazon customer service has been excellent the few times I've had to contact them.

Lesson learned!
    So he seemed nice?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I've resisted the urge to take advantage of any Amazon expedited shipping because other than unusual purchases they seem to get it to me within a day or two anyway. We were going on a trip a couple of years ago and just 2 days prior to leaving we spotted a nice accessory that would have been useful on the trip. I went ahead and ordered the item for the "next trip" and they tried to talk me into the $75 charge for overnight shipping which I declined. The rep said have a nice trip and it will be waiting for you when you get beck; it arrived first thing next morning!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Scan THIS!!!

The first copy I ordered is supposed to be delivered by 8 pm today as of the latest update. We shall see.

Copy #2 will arrive tomorrow directly from Amazon.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The good news is that the book from the original order arrived this afternoon. It was graded "good to very good" but it looks new to me. I've received new books in worse condition.

The bad new is that I no longer have an excuse for not studying and working on my assignments. Meh.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I once ordered a watch from Amazon. It was a birthday present for my wife. Being a man, I waited too long to start shopping for it. None of the stores around town had it, of course Amazon did. It was three days until her birthday. So with two day Prime shipping, I was like, no problem.

Problem was, it didn't show on day two, and day two was a Friday. I called in a panic, they said it wasn't lost, just temporarily misplaced. I explained the gravity the situation, the said they'd ship another one immediately, overnight, for Saturday AM delivery. I didn't even know that was possible. By Saturday morning, her birthday, at 10AM, I had it.

About a week later, the first order showed up. I called and told them, asked for a return authorization. They said, meh. Keep it. It wasn't a cheap watch either, around $150 IIRC. She's still wearing the first one. The other is still in the original packaging.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Saturday is no longer a big deal. Keep your eyes open, you may see a USPS truck out on a Sunday. Think about that. What it is, the USPS is delivering on Sundays under a contract with Amazon. That's the only thing they're delivering on Sundays.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    Saturday is no longer a big deal. Keep your eyes open, you may see a USPS truck out on a Sunday. Think about that. What it is, the USPS is delivering on Sundays under a contract with Amazon. That's the only thing they're delivering on Sundays.

We see a lot of USPS drivers out in their USPS trucks making deliveries for Amazon on Sundays in Greenwood.

Top Bottom