Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 104

Thread: Rolling Coal

  1. #81
    wcd
    wcd is offline
    Expert

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by femurphy77 View Post
    Having never seen Mr Pigeon's 7.3 I'm guessing what he's calling rolling smoke is different than the more egregious rollers that do it just to prove. . . I don't know what. My own box stock 2000 7.3 would produce just enough smoke to know it was smoking whenever I mashed it with a load on it. Not enough that anybody would accuse me of "rolling coal" mind you. Of course Mr Pigeon's may be modded and this may be another one of those times I should have stayed out of it
    Our old 7.3 would put out a puff of smoke if you got into it, that I think was normal.

    I have had a chance t drive our new Truck and it will spin the rear tires at 30 miles an hour! This thing is putting out some serious horsepower.

    I had a friend look at it and according to him its had anywhere from 4-6k put into the engine, intercooler,up pipe down pipe up pipe up graded turbo. Nice thing about it is it can be run normally.

  2. #82
    Expert Clay Pigeon's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by HoughMade View Post
    If you get ticketed, you're free to make that argument to the judge/magistrate.

    Just let me know so that I can be there when you do.
    My truck is bone stock 19 year old, I run high sulfur fuel in it like it was designed to run.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat." ~Eldridge Cleaver

  3. #83
    Expert Clay Pigeon's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by femurphy77 View Post
    Having never seen Mr Pigeon's 7.3 I'm guessing what he's calling rolling smoke is different than the more egregious rollers that do it just to prove. . . I don't know what. My own box stock 2000 7.3 would produce just enough smoke to know it was smoking whenever I mashed it with a load on it. Not enough that anybody would accuse me of "rolling coal" mind you. Of course Mr Pigeon's may be modded and this may be another one of those times I should have stayed out of it
    Bone stock, do you ever tow anything heavy like a backhoe or tractor on a tri axle trailer? And like I said, I run high sulfur fuel.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat." ~Eldridge Cleaver

  4. #84
    Plinker chenowethpm's Avatar

    User Info Menu


  5. #85
    Plinker

    User Info Menu

    Prior to getting into guns, my hobby was diesel trucks. I LMAO’d when I read this title! I hadn’t heard the term in a few years.

    At one point I had a Dodge that made 300hp with about 900hp worth of smoke. Good old VE 12v, 19mpg no matter what and 2100# lighter than my Ford regular cab vs. regular cab


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #86
    Grandmaster Leadeye's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I've driven my CTD for nearly 20 years but just don't get it out much any more. It's just for bad weather and moving stuff, next truck will probably be back to gas.
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

    Marvin the Martian

  7. #87
    Grandmaster femurphy77's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Clay Pigeon View Post
    Bone stock, do you ever tow anything heavy like a backhoe or tractor on a tri axle trailer? And like I said, I run high sulfur fuel.
    Nah, I've never had more than 7 or 8 thousand pounds behind it. And ran whatever they pumped at Casey's.
    Yes I am for gun control!! A firm grip, steady aim, and a gentle squeeze!!

    What comes after your first "infraction"? Double Secret Probation perhaps???

  8. #88
    Grandmaster CPT Nervous's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    https://www.lawserver.com/law/state/..._code_9-19-8-5

    I write tickets. I had one of these jokers stopped for speeding, and after I handed him his ticket, he took off, thick black smoke rolled out of his exhaust. I stopped him again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargo View Post
    I'm picturing you curbstomping yourself, ala Fight Club. All while yelling, "don't worry ma'am, he'll leave you alone after this."
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    If you want a real vintage denim hat, you'll probably have to push a hipster off his fixed gear bicycle and, while he's collecting his PBR cans, grab it off his head and run.

  9. #89
    Grandmaster femurphy77's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by CPT Nervous View Post
    https://www.lawserver.com/law/state/..._code_9-19-8-5

    I write tickets. I had one of these jokers stopped for speeding, and after I handed him his ticket, he took off, thick black smoke rolled out of his exhaust. I stopped him again.
    Yes I am for gun control!! A firm grip, steady aim, and a gentle squeeze!!

    What comes after your first "infraction"? Double Secret Probation perhaps???

  10. #90
    Master CTC B4Z's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I roll out, but usually when I'm in a hurry. My turbo is a little laggy

    I also roll out on people next to me that are smoking if I gotta catch a 2nd hand whiff of your cigarette then your for sure going to huff mine.. Disgusting.
    Still the youngest INGO'r? Definitely the least stinkiest...

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •