• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Just curious if it is thing up North? We bought our son his first truck, it has a six position switch which is supposed to increase horse power. Also it has a setting for rolling coal. I am glad we stayed away from the v10. The 7.3 seems to do pretty well as long as you don't put your foot into it.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Yeah, a redneck a-hole thing when throwing a cloud over people or other vehicles. Rednecks, I’m just fine with....its the a-hole part I have a problem with.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    It's a redneck thing until you get serious about it like these guys.

[video=youtube_share;Pe42q8ZmjGU]http://youtu.be/Pe42q8ZmjGU[/video]

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I've got a friend that will turn the sky black with his truck, but he only uses it for truck pulls.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    It's a redneck thing until you get serious about it like these guys.

[video=youtube_share;Pe42q8ZmjGU]http://youtu.be/Pe42q8ZmjGU[/video]

I saw that video the other day- pretty cool. I’ve got no issue when pulling or racing...or generally when they’re not smoking someone else out.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    The people who do it to innocent people on the street are ****bags that need a beating.

We see it all the time when we're out in the convertible and bicyclists seem to be a popular target as well. It'd be funny if a cop would pull them over and ticket them for tampering with emissions devices. It seems to be an extension of certain reproductive organs on some people.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Indiana's not even in the top 10 states for owning a diesel vehicle.

Your post got me thinking, the stats that i found don't add up, the production numbers of the 6.7 are higher than the numbers that some article show and Indiana is the 17th most populated state so when numbers are calculated off of population we're not going to be in the top ten,

But if you need a good Cummins truck mechanic southern Indiana has some good ones and graduates of University northern Ohio are some good techs

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    Coming from a Cummins owner...I don't get the whole rolling coal thing. Especially when diesel is over $3/gal.

My truck will blow smoke, no getting around it, but I don't have a "box" that will make it do it on command. I have also never seen the need to roll coal when passing a bicyclist. I think it's a respect thing. When I lived out in rural HamCo, I would ride my bike almost every day. I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of someone doing it, and I am not going to do it in return.

Like femurphy77 said, it seems to be an extension of a certain organ...or lack thereof.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Coming from a Cummins owner...I don't get the whole rolling coal thing. Especially when diesel is over $3/gal.

My truck will blow smoke, no getting around it, but I don't have a "box" that will make it do it on command. I have also never seen the need to roll coal when passing a bicyclist. I think it's a respect thing. When I lived out in rural HamCo, I would ride my bike almost every day. I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of someone doing it, and I am not going to do it in return.

Like femurphy77 said, it seems to be an extension of a certain organ...or lack thereof.

My sentiments exactly. My Ram will blow a bit of smoke if I get on it to pass someone but I've never seen it lay heavy smoke nor do I have any desire to.

mensajess

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 12, 2010
    Greenwood
    Having been on the receiving end of "rolling coal" on a bicycle, it REALLY sucks. And to make it worse we can hear the difference in a diesel vs gas truck and almost feel it coming.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    Memorial weekend we had a big, stupid truck A-hole to the extreme.
    Column of bikes in one lane, he crowded into that column 3 different times on l-69/SR37 and kept fogging the column out...
    Me & my wife were about 10 bikes from the front when he crowded us, he eventually lost his right 'Bullwinkle The Moose' mirror, and one guy displayed he was carrying, that finally got him off us.

An off duty state trooper in the column ran his plates and the address came back to Mooresville area.
    He also reported the guy and field a complaint since 7 or 8 of us were running video cameras, but I don't know what happened with that.

Lifted black Ford 4x4, dark tinted windows, black vinyl bed cover, 'Team Glock' and AR bolt face, some cartoon kid with a flexed arm muscle, and 'Friends Of Coal' stickers in the back window.
    I don't know what his mirror will cost, but I hope it's over $1,000...
    He's lucky he yanked it back into his lane because the guy with the ASP baton was fixing to leave a row of dents all the way down the side of that truck.
    The only thing that stopped him was a couple police officers were in the column and watching, along with the cameras.

Me & my wife were both carrying, but with her on the back I was too busy keeping it upright on that lousy shoulder on 37...
    If I'd been solo, it might have been very different, I was SERIOUSLY pissed off...

Top Bottom