• ...and so much more!
  • rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Kind of depends on what you are used to. I would think the Kindle would be less $$ than an iPad. I have several of the Fire tablets for the grand kids and for the wife they all work well.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I just bought a Kindle for my wife about 2 months ago. We got the larger nicer one.

I have an iPad for work so I was able to compare the 2.

The Kindle is a whole lot less :spend::spend::spend: and it does all the stuff my wife wants. She watches YouTube daily on hers....not sure about Youtube not working.

I am using a plane iPad. I have a couple of work applications, but they are pretty simple and if they were offered on the Google store, I am fully confident that the Kindle could handle anything they offer.

The speaker on the Kindle is not quite as loud....by a tiny bit. Unless it is a super quite video, we can't tell any difference.

For me....It's Kindle 100%

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    iPads "just work" No surprises, VERY little wonky behavior. They also have AWESOME battery life. I can go days without charging my iPad. My Son's Kindle or my Asus Android tablet both require daily charging. The iPad can be connected to cellular networks for anywhere internet access for a reasonable fee. ($30/mo?) If you want that, make sure its not a wifi only ipad model.

If you can afford it, iPad. If you are on a budget. Kindle. Ive used both and they have different strengths and weaknesses. I run an iPad, but wouldnt hesitate to buy a kindle fire if I needed another tablet cheap.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I have a newer fire 10, 7th gen hd, and have no issues watching YouTube.

Do you watch through an app or through a browser? Last time I tried to put the Amazon YouTube app on my Fire 10 HD - it didn't work very well.

Plus my Fire 10 HD will sometimes just kind of lock up on me. Need to hold the power button for like 30 seconds then tap it again to get things going again. Not the fastest booting thing, either. But it works great as an e-reader and a Netflix platform - which is generally all it's used for. The expandable storage of the Kindle is quite nice, too.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    iPads "just work" No surprises, VERY little wonky behavior...

Been using an iPad for work and personal since 2012. The first one lasted until 2017 and probably would have lasted longer if I hadn't broken the screen 3 times and had to open it to replace them...that's on me.

The second one, the new model for 2017 with 128 gb just works. I don't know anything about the Kindle, but the iPad has never let me down...even when I let it down. My wife has an iPad Mini and has had the same experience.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Do you watch through an app or through a browser? Last time I tried to put the Amazon YouTube app on my Fire 10 HD - it didn't work very well.

Plus my Fire 10 HD will sometimes just kind of lock up on me. Need to hold the power button for like 30 seconds then tap it again to get things going again. Not the fastest booting thing, either. But it works great as an e-reader and a Netflix platform - which is generally all it's used for. The expandable storage of the Kindle is quite nice, too.

I haven't had problems with my Fire 8. But, I mostly use it for reading and podcast - and the speaker isn't great, and it's not super fast, but at least it has a 3.5mm headphone jack!

Given Apple's level of dicketry, I'd opt for a Samsung or Google tablet long before I would get an iPad.

- JettaKnight, who's now trying to get his company's app on both platforms.

PS - Woot! has some pretty good deals on refurb tablets.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...- and the speaker isn't great, and it's not super fast, but at least it has a 3.5mm headphone jack! ..

giphy.gif

...as has every iPad, ever.

510picker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2017
    Martinsville
    iPads "just work" No surprises, VERY little wonky behavior. They also have AWESOME battery life. I can go days without charging my iPad. My Son's Kindle or my Asus Android tablet both require daily charging. The iPad can be connected to cellular networks for anywhere internet access for a reasonable fee. ($30/mo?) If you want that, make sure its not a wifi only ipad model.

If you can afford it, iPad. If you are on a budget. Kindle. Ive used both and they have different strengths and weaknesses. I run an iPad, but wouldnt hesitate to buy a kindle fire if I needed another tablet cheap.

I agree with this 100%! My mom had a Windows tablet and was constantly calling me for help because something wasn't working. I finally convinced her to buy an iPad and she never calls me with problems.

Top Bottom