• ...and so much more!
  • K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Yeah, I know... :rolleyes:

Since every male ancestor nearly lost it all to the bottle at some point in their life... if I drink, it is non-alcoholic.

The choice used to be Sharps or O'Doul's and that was it... but now the selection is growing. I picked up some of this new "Heineken 0.0" and it wasn't half bad.

What else is good?

Last edited:

HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    Guinness makes a nice NA called Kaliber, but you might have to do some looking for it. I also like Old Milwaukee NA. It's really not that bad, and preferable to their real beer.

Chris

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    If they made a non-alcoholic IPA, I’d be in heaven. I love beer, but hate getting drunk. If they could make something tasty that I could drink as much as I wanted, all would be right in the world.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    If they made a non-alcoholic IPA, I’d be in heaven. I love beer, but hate getting drunk. If they could make something tasty that I could drink as much as I wanted, all would be right in the world.

Like Bitburger? Why don't you try that then?

10675588759582.png

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

It's still alcoholic, but Founder's All Day IPA (or is it called campfire?) is at a much lower ABV.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Alcohol is a taste component which makes it very difficult to satisfy real beer drinkers palate without it. Have not yet found one I like well enough to pay for. So I drink two of whatever I like, (sometimes only one! ) and start on the water.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Well, if you want even lower, there is kvass (OCS for "leaven") which is a ultra low ABV (less than 1%) rye beer from Eastern Europe. I have it when I go to Russian restaurants or groceries.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kvass

This stuff is all over Latvia & Lithuania? How did I miss it?!

I'll be on the look out for it (and it's cousin Boza) when I'm in Bulgaria this year. I do love rye bread...

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Speaking of "near beer", my late parents who were of age during Prohibition told me the typical bootleg beer tasted terrible.
    So they'd buy "near beer", which tasted pretty good, then spike it with bootleg alcohol.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Speaking of "near beer", my late parents who were of age during Prohibition told me the typical bootleg beer tasted terrible.
    So they'd buy "near beer", which tasted pretty good, then spike it with bootleg alcohol.

Does anyone else remember "Apple Beer"? It was non-alcoholic, and I think the "beer" part was probably more in reference to root "beer" than real beer. It just felt like we were getting away with something when we drank it as kids back in the early 70's. With the increasing popularity of hard cider, I always think back to apple beer.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    One described it as "Not half bad" another described it as "Not all that bad".:laugh:

:puke:

I would not rate beer as "good tasting" compared to a sweating glass of ice water, juice, sweetened tea, soda, or even some wines... beer for me is a drink for after being outside or after a hard day at work when I don't want something heavy and sugary... "not half bad" is good compliment from me.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    1.) Male ancestor alcoholism
    2.) Hate the drunk feeling
    3.) Something cold to drink
    4.) Dont hate taste, see #1

I’m in a similar situation. I’ve learned to love several varieties of seltzer water, especially the “Bubly” flavors. Very refreshing in a hot day, and has a nice mild burn/bite to it, which to me is reminiscent of the alcohol burn back when I did indulge.

I would love to find a zero alcohol IPA, but I’m not holding my breath.

Top Bottom