• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Yeah I won't be too sad to see her go. She hasn't been terrible for gun rights, but she has been somewhat squishy at times.

I am a bit wary of who might be next up. I'm sure the Hamilton County GOP might have a big say in who gets asked to run. It's much more of a Chamber of Commerce type crowd here rather than what one might consider traditional conservative.

There's someone I know from the Zionsville political scene I would not be shocked to see run, but I will hold off on speculating.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Good riddance!
    I knew when she ran for her first term and was endorsed by Chris Christie R-NJ that she was a RINO sellout.
    Conservative Review gives her an F 32% rating.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Seems to me Mike Delph was always interested in going to Washington DC. He could probably appeal to the Hamilton County people, as well as the more rural northern areas.

I wonder if Rokita moved recently....

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    https://www.indystar.com/story/news...rict-republican-candidates-issues/4723459002/

Some of these "Republicans" want bans on private firearm transfers and drank the kool-aid on some other MDA type proposals. Any of you got a sense of who we should be pulling for?

The money suggests Chuck Dietzen (228k), Henderson (186k) and Mitchell (176k) are the serious options.

Dietzen: Gun control: Dietzen said he opposes firearm measures that "would restrict the rights of law-abiding citizens and the freedoms guaranteed in the constitution."

Henderson:
    Gun control: Henderson told IndyStar she does not support additional restrictions to gun ownership, but said the current background check system needs to be improved by better communication between state, local and federal databases.

Mitchell: Gun control: Mitchell told IndyStar that more gun control legislation, such as requiring universal background checks, is not the answer to reducing gun violence. Instead, she argued the U.S. needs to do a better job of enforcing laws already on the books and parents should teach their children about gun safety.

Ohh yeah, check out this tool...

Mark Small Gun control: Small wants to push to require universal background checks, allow the CDC to study gun violence, ban assault rifles and prohibit gun clips that can hold more than five rounds.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Mark Small is running? The Indianapolis attorney?

I... uh... I guess I can only say that under no circumstances would I ever vote for Mark Small for any office. He's a nice guy. I've met him socially and interacted with him professionally. He's a nice guy.

Kelly Mitchell is a safe option. She's not going to do anything crazy. I don't really know much about the others.

Not Brizzi..

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    Mark Small is running? The Indianapolis attorney?

I... uh... I guess I can only say that under no circumstances would I ever vote for Mark Small for any office. He's a nice guy. I've met him socially and interacted with him professionally. He's a nice guy.

Kelly Mitchell is a safe option. She's not going to do anything crazy. I don't really know much about the others.

Not Brizzi..

His twitter feed is him ranting about restoring the GOP to pro-choice, pro-constitutional, and gun control positions. I do wonder...

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    By "nice guy" do you mean that his elevator doesn't quite go all the way to the penthouse, because that is the vibe I get from his photo?

He has some podcast stuff out there, I think. People may be able to review that for their own assessment.

He's always been reasonable and articulate in my conversations with him, but they weren't deep conversations or anything.

He's a nice guy.

Top Bottom