• DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Man! Is it cramping my style!

Spent all day dealing with a minor health scare for Pop, and towing the baby's new (to her) popup camper home, so no mowing yesterday. Sprang out of bed this a.m. ready to mow... Well, poop.

I was able to run several loads through my new (to me) Scott and son double barrel. I think I finally have a keeper.

Anyone else as frustrated as I am with this weather? I know the farmers are pulling their hair out.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    We were blessed this week camping in Madison. Stopped raining when we arrived and stayed nice through hanging and cleaning the tents up once we got home. So this rainy day I guess I can't complain about. Hard day to get motivated. Might watch Highwaymen again on Netflix.

My youngest has camp next week. Like 50% of rain everyday. I hope they get some dry time. As far as the farmers go, I don't remember a season getting off to such a slow start.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Sigh. Good luck with the mowing. I got the front yard late yesterday. Unfortunately, it has often been about finding dry windows to mow rather than a semi-regular time. My weather forecast shows more substantial rain tomorrow and at least a chance of rain 10/11 days thereafter.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Haven't been able to get the tractor in the woods in some time. Any hi grade slope and it just slides.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    151   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I got some tungsten dura coat, stripped an AR and did the upper, lower and rail. Tempting to reassembly before cured...

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Wife mowed Thursday night in anticipation of the rain this weekend and also to open up the weekend for FUN outside. Oh well, ran an errand to Bloomington that wasn't weather related and I have an engine to tear down now in anticipation of dropping it off at the machinist Wednesday.:rockwoot:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Glad I got a little outside stuff done yesterday. Re-fixed the steering on my riding mower (a bolt had either come loose, or else I didn't tighten it down the first time I fixed it), trimmed an overgrown bush outside the bedroom window and did the grocery shopping. A buddy of mine had mowed for me on Wednesday, so didn't have to do that. Today I washed the sheets and bedspread and have taken them for two test drives (naps) late this morning and after lunch. It's excellent sleeping weather. :) Just went out to get the mail and there's a couple of inches of water standing in the front yard.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Seems like all we have been doing is looking for a couple dry hours to mow between the rain showers. Every weekend...it is getting ridiculous. Oh and the cool temps. I don't remember ever having to close the overhead doors at work in mid June because it was too cool.

Tired of sitting at home watching movies and not being able to get out and do anything

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Seems like all we have been doing is looking for a couple dry hours to mow between the rain showers. Every weekend...it is getting ridiculous. Oh and the cool temps. I don't remember ever having to close the overhead doors at work in mid June because it was too cool.

Tired of sitting at home watching movies and not being able to get out and do anything

The cool weather is pretty weird. Sitting in a sweatshirt and jeans out on the deck just seems wrong in the middle of June. Thursday and Friday mornings I actually fired up the table top propane heater for a couple of hours each day.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    My neighbor started working again on his new boat. Don't know how he's going to get to the river, its WAY WAY too big to trailer. On a side note, this morning I noticed critters of every sort lined up along his driveway. Two deer, 2 coons, 2 possums, 2 groundhogs, 2 foxes, 2 yotes, etc.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    My neighbor started working again on his new boat. Don't know how he's going to get to the river, its WAY WAY too big to trailer. On a side note, this morning I noticed critters of every sort lined up along his driveway. Two deer, 2 coons, 2 possums, 2 groundhogs, 2 foxes, 2 yotes, etc.

You win! Mods please close this thread.:rockwoot:

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    Wife and I where at Meijer today and she remarked at how thick the strip and ribeye steaks where cut in the show case. Told her it rains every other day and twice on the weekend, nobody has been grilling out. They do all there own cutting and are probably sitting on a mountain beef, gotta get rid of it somehow, this weather is hurting lots of things.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Kind of describes where we are, too. Son got the grass mowed Thursday, which seems like it was the last good time for all of us to mow. With the rain, we've been unable to ride the Harley, drive the convertible, or even get in the pool. This is really a downer for our summer recreation.

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    You win! Mods please close this thread.:rockwoot:

Hey!! I think I can compete. Just got done hand digging in 430 feet of drain tile from the back of my yard to the road. Perforated with sleeve, except the last 30 feet. Tied into the neighbors garage which drains both sides onto the north side of building, on the lot line and in a low spot. Back along the fence where the dog runs was a low spot and always wet, so started there and worked my way downhill to the road. Had a couple of rains and had water running out like crazy. Mowed today after it dried out a bit. Now to try to get some grass to grow, which I never have much luck with.

Have a standing last Monday of the month dog groom and got tired of that lasting all of 30 minutes after we got home, in March April and May, so started digging a couple of weeks ago.

Top Bottom