• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    On Saturday 6/8, I hit a deer on 37 near 144. Killed the deer, injured my 2015 F150. The truck was drivable but sustained several thousand dollars damage. Went through all the process with State Farm. Pics, initial claim payment, appointment for this morning at Skillman's Greenwood Collision Center. I have rental car coverage and State Farm claims had Hertz call me last week. The Hertz reservation center guy gave me a reservation number and told me to call about an hour before I need the vehicle and they would pick me up. So, I called Hertz Greenwood this morning and the less than cordial guy who answered the phone told me even though they had my reservation on file, they need 24-48 hour notice and they were not about to pick me up anywhere. They might be able to get me a vehicle this afternoon. Called State Farm back and requested to deal with Enterprise which is right across the street from Skillman's shop. They canceled the Hertz reservation, apologized, and called Enterprise for me. Took the truck to Skillman's about 11:00 and 20 minutes later I had been picked up and was on way home with the rental.

Cliff Notes version warnings:
    1. Don't hit a deer. They'll mess up your truck.
    2. Don't deal with Hertz. They'll not be good to you.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    No no no. You needed to start your post with, "It was the best of rentals, it was the worst of rentals."

(Generally had better experiences with Enterprise, too.)

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Thanks to a) Bavarian engineering assembled by 'Mericans and b) a deer in the same general area as DRob's unpleasant encounter, I've become very familiar with Enterprise, and have had almost always excellent service.

I appreciate the heads up about their competitor.

And the Monday Afternoon Literary Callback Award goes to T.Lex!

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Complain all the way up to corporate please!

Hertz is so bad up here in Fort Wayne. They are a preferred vendor for SF, but regionally they are so bad, I am always telling clients not to use them.

Salty

Unwokeable
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Yes, stay clear of Hertz, especially Greenwood. State Farm sent me there after I was rear-ended last year. They gave me a car that they hosed off in the back. Had dead bugs in the rear window deck. Then they charged my credit card for two days after I had turned it in early. It took 4 months to get that charge taken off.

Thanks for the tip on asking for a different rental company. I didn't know you could do that. American Family sent me to Enterprise when my son had an accident and they were great.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Had a really poor experience with Hertz. Vehicle was seriously malfunctioning and the guy at the rental shop wanted me to drive it back 3.5hrs through desert...that not good? How about ~70 miles through the desert to another rental location even though I was standing in an independent Hertz rental shop. No thanks, I will never rent from you again. I told them to come and get the car I wasn't driving it anywhere.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I've dealt with Enterprise a lot (close proximity to Diamond Collision) over the years. Great service keeps people coming back.

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    You wouldn't like Enterprise if you lived in Crawfordsville. I rent from this location at least once or twice a year when I travel to archery tournaments. I always make reservations at least a month before. My buddy and I ask for a full size car. We can get all of our gear in it and they have better gas mileage than SUVs. Maybe twice I have shown up and got the car I requested. Once they gave me an intermediate size. Usually they upgrade us for free. In February, the guy couldn't believe I was upset when he was giving me a SUV instead of a full size car. I tried to explain that 10mpg might not seem like a lot, but when you are driving 1,600+ miles roundtrip, that adds up. I have complained all they way up to corporate and have been given free rentals. I know this location is a small shop, but when you have reservation for something, you should be able to get it. I have used Hertz and other companies when I have flown to places and never had issues. The only problems I have ever had is with the Crawfordsville Enterprise.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Normally we also use enterprise exclusively. I used Hertz this last time in Hawaii just as a matter of convenience. Thankfully I had a good experience. The circumstances you use a rental car under is not the time you want or need additional issues popping up that you have to deal with.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    My family and I have used Enterprise almost exclusively for almost 10 years now.

I will peruse other sites to check prices when I'm about to reserve something - but nothing comes close to the customer service of Enterprise - even if the price is a few bucks a day higher. (That was a deer pun for DRob)

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    I have had great experiences with Enterprise. They have never had what I reserved on site once I got to the counter to pick it up. In the last year I have rented vehicles from them 3 times. Each time I was given a better vehicle at the same rate for my troubles:

Miami - reserved a compact SUV for the GF and I - drove away in a Dodge Challenger HEMI hot rod (nothing parties like a rental....woo hoo!!!!!)
    Indianapolis - reserved a compact SUV for the GF and I - drove off in a Cadillac XTS
    Indianapolis - reserved a compact SUV for the GF and I - drove off in a Cadillac XTS

Dirty Steve

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I have had a couple issues with Enterprise. One rental had expired tags that I got a ticket for, they paid the ticket and gave me a different vehicle at the Savannah airport. The other had low tire pressure, they pumped it up but it drained off in about 10hrs, had to exchange that one in Baraboo, WI IIRK. It's too bad, they are the only local rental company but I can't take time out of the middle of a work trip to find a location and go to exchange the vehicle.

Top Bottom