• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    My wife and I have gone there during the last three summers and absolutely LOVED it. However, try as I might, I can't get her to go this summer no matter how good the deals are. The best (and cheapest) flight I ever got to Europe was on Air India two weeks after a bomb blew one of their planes out of the sky on the way back to the US. I figured, what are the odds of it happening twice.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I've read some of the material on these, one common action seems to be drinking from the mini bar just before getting sick - Tylenol killer's MO?

Last edited:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    We're trying to.decide between the DR, Karachi, chernobyl, or everest for our next vacation getaway. She originally wanted Chicago but I told her NO WAY too ****in' dangerous!

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Are there any reported deaths of tourists down there other than Americans under similar circumstance? Is it possible that whatever is the cause is not actually in the alcohol but ingested with say a meal prior to the alcohol and producing the deadly reaction? I am surprised at the number of people I know who've openly stated an eagerness to travel there in spite of the current mystery.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

I get violently ill when I hear his music, but usually Parrotheads are somehow immune.

James Ingram: "It's mellow, but not smooth; kinda ****ty."
    Michael McDonald: "Buffet!"

--- and ---

James Ingram: "Ya mo murdered a lot of people out there."
    Michael McDonald: "They're not people James Ingram, they're Jimmy Buffet fans."

Language warning.
    [video=youtube;CEw3_6xWkDs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEw3_6xWkDs[/video]

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The place sounds like a party...

[video]https://fox59.com/2019/05/31/woman-says-she-was-brutally-attacked-at-dominican-republic-resort-shares-photos-of-injuries/[/video]

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I'll never travel outside the states again if I can avoid it. Had enough of the third world when I worked full time.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'll never travel outside the states again if I can avoid it. Had enough of the third world when I worked full time.

The few trips we took off continent were enough for us. Mostly enjoyable and many good memory's but for what you spend and what you get........Meh.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    I am constantly amazed how people want to travel to developing and third-world countries. Mexico, for example, is experiencing what seems to be record violence and corruption, yet Americans want to travel there for leisure.

Stories like these reinforce my preference for travel only in a developed country with a robust rule of law and legal protections.

Sure, American dollars go further in some of these places. Head to Venezuela with $500 USD, and you can live well for a little while. Of course, there are some governmental stability issues, scarcity of goods, and a bit of violence, but oh can you live cheap!

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    The place sounds like a party...

[video]https://fox59.com/2019/05/31/woman-says-she-was-brutally-attacked-at-dominican-republic-resort-shares-photos-of-injuries/[/video]

Yeah, a party...from the State Dept.

"Exercise increased caution in the Dominican Republic due to crime.

Violent crime, including armed robbery, homicide and sexual assault is a concern throughout the Dominican Republic. The development of a professional tourist police corps, institution of a 911 system in many parts of the country, and a concentration of resources in resort areas means these tend to be better policed than urban areas like Santo Domingo. The wide availability of weapons, the use and trade of illicit drugs, and a weak criminal justice system contribute to the high level of criminality on the broader scale."

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere

Ditto. Just had to get my Passport renewed but it's for work...won't go to these places for whatever fun and disease they have available.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    There is so much of our country to see that I don't understand why anyone would want to leave it.

I consider myself fairly well traveled in the lower 48, and I haven't even passed through every state much less stayed and explored each one.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I am constantly amazed how people want to travel to developing and third-world countries. Mexico, for example, is experiencing what seems to be record violence and corruption, yet Americans want to travel there for leisure.

Stories like these reinforce my preference for travel only in a developed country with a robust rule of law and legal protections.

Sure, American dollars go further in some of these places. Head to Venezuela with $500 USD, and you can live well for a little while. Of course, there are some governmental stability issues, scarcity of goods, and a bit of violence, but oh can you live cheap!

I've been to Cancun and Cozumel MANY times and never felt threatened even when walking from the resort to the "strip" at night. Of course that was before they started bombing the ferry from Coz to Playa and before the drug wars spilled over into the streets of Cancun. Now my tourist dollars end up in Capt Tony's, Lulu's or many of the other fine establishments that dot our own coastline. Hey! At least in many of those I have the ability to shoot back if necessary!!:ar15:

Top Bottom