• ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Burn em’

That's what we do with them on a warm summer's weekend.

Put them out by the road with a "free" sign. Middle aged-women flock to those things like "10 lbs. in 5 days" diets.

Yeah it's some kind of artsy fartsy deal, we had a garage sale a couple of years ago and we had several offers on our stack of "firewood" pallets. Some of the women actually couldn't believe that we would "burn" pallets!:drama:

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Another thing is that the wood is typically pretty good and when run through a planer really good.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Here you go. I always wonder how they find so many pallets in good enough shape to do these things, by the time I get a pallet it has four split boards and one broken off completely, but maybe you could run this video in a loop on a big screen next to the pallets and all those MAWs that Houghmade knows will home in on them.

[video=youtube;d2Dd96eNUao]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2Dd96eNUao[/video]

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    And, yeah, if you was closer I'd be proud to have some too.
    I want to update my composting!

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I've built things from the oak in pallets b4. Gotta make sure you get all the nails b4 you run it through the planer, but there is definitely useble lumber in there. Compost bins have also been constructed over the years.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    There is a significant subculture of people who go around finding pallets and selling them to businesses. Like collecting glass coke bottles years ago. Many places buy them, refurb them and sell back into the supply chain. I have no idea who that would be in your area but it shouldn't be hard to find.

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    Depends on where you got the pallets from also indicates what you can do with them. If the pallets are from overseas, then they might have been fumigated with methyl bromide.

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    Most pallet pirates or pallet recycling companies take the pallets that are around 48 x 40 size range. They are not usually too interested in block constructed pallets, and look more for the ones built with runners.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    If you were in the Indy area, or somewhere that I travel through, I would take them off your hands. People I know are always wanting me to grab them if I find them. Future F-I-L uses them to store his firewood on, a friend uses them to store hay bails for her horses (keeps it off the ground, so it's dry and no rotting), and a friends wife uses them for various crafty/artsy stuff including compost bins. With the firewood and hay storage, the pallets rot out over a couple of years, so more are always needed.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Drop them off at a mall/big box store loading ramp. Back in the day people used to steal them all the time.

Top Bottom