Vegetarians are 'less healthy and have a lower quality of life than meat-eaters'

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...e-than-meateaters-scientists-say-9236340.html

A study conducted by the Medical University of Graz in Austria found that the vegetarian diet, as characterised by a low consumption of saturated fat and cholesterol, due to a higher intake of fruits, vegetables and whole-grain products, appeared to carry elevated risks of cancer, allergies and mental health problems such as depression and anxiety.

The 1320 subjects were matched according to their age, sex, and socioeconomic status and included 330 vegetarians, 330 that ate meat but still a lot of fruits and vegetables, 300 normal eaters but that ate less meat, and 330 on a more meat-heavy diet.

It found that vegetarians consumed less alcohol and had lower body mass indexes, but were still in a poorer state of physical and mental health overall.

Now I'm hungry.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    To quote Mr Bob Seger, "****, I've known that for 10 years!!" Actually longer...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Of all the apes, only humans and chimps eat meat as a normal part of their diet. So, there appears to at least be a small correlation.

In any case, I do consider myself a second order vegetarian.

I love's me a good salad. But even my salads need to have some meat on them

Check that. When the garden comes in and the spouse makes a pasta salad from what we grew man that is the real deal.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I love's me a good salad. But even my salads need to have some meat on them

Check that. When the garden comes in and the spouse makes a pasta salad from what we grew man that is the real deal.

Yep, I always love grilled steak or chicken over my salad. In a pinch I can use chopped up chicken strips... :):

Heck, even my pasta salad has pepperoni or ham in it!

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Vegetarians and Vegans are unhappy because they chose a path that is unnatural and then feel a deep desire to convince everyone else that they have chosen the true path and everyone else needs to change to make them feel justified.

From Merriam Webster on salad:
    [h=1]salad noun sal·​ad | \ ˈsa-ləd [/h][h=2]Definition of salad[/h]

1 : any of various usually cold dishes: such as
    a : raw greens (such as lettuce) often combined with other vegetables and toppings and served especially with dressing
    b : small pieces of food (such as pasta, meat, fruit, or vegetables) usually mixed with a dressing (such as mayonnaise) or set in gelatin

2 : a green vegetable or herb grown for salad especially : lettuce

3 : a usually incongruous mixture : hodgepodge

I had a salad for dinner last night, a fruit salad...okay it was grapes, crushed grapes...fermented crushed grapes...okay I had wine for dinner last night...with a steak.

Top Bottom