Poll: Do you roll your car windows down in nice weather?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you drive around town with your windows up or down on a nice day?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    On this beautiful summer morning, I went out for a drive. Windows rolled down. Elbow on the window frame. A little music playing....

But I noticed that everyone else, and I mean everyone else, had their windows rolled up and the A/C cranking. What gives? Does the $2000 car stereo system require delivery in a soundproof room? Are drivers afraid of bugs, eye contact with others not protected by window glass, smog? No dogs in their lives? WTF? Over....

So, if the weather is halfway decent, what is your driving modus operandi?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I always roll mine down. If it's really hot, I still roll them down AND run the AC. I even keep at least my driver's side partly rolled down in the winter time. About the only time I don't is if it's raining hard enough to come in from the side.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    No "sometimes" option.

When I'm just driving around and it's pleasantly warm, sure windows down.

On my commute to work on US 30, I65 and 80/94? Windows up- no good can come from having them down.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Freeway/highway driving I understand.

I guess some of it might depend on what options are on your vehicle. I don't think I had a car with A/C until the mid-70's. In the heat of the day out west, we used to avoid driving if we could. Lots of early morning and evening excursions.

I miss the little wing windows. Great for air circulation.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    What gives? Does the $2000 car stereo system require delivery in a soundproof room? Are drivers afraid of bugs, eye contact with others not protected by window glass, smog? No dogs in their lives? WTF? Over....

People that still have hair, and are on their way to work in the morning, don't want the wind to mess it up.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    People that still have hair, and are on their way to work in the morning, don't want the wind to mess it up.

Hmmmm. Bald and retired....but I do have hair growing out of my ears that I can't keep up with. The wind does tickle a bit. That's why I drive REAL slow. With the left blinker on full time....except when I want to make a left turn.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Hmmmm. Bald and retired....but I do have hair growing out of my ears that I can't keep up with. The wind does tickle a bit. That's why I drive REAL slow. With the left blinker on full time....except when I want to make a left turn.

I wear a hat to keep my hair from blowing in the wind, maybe you could try some ear muffs?

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville

The last police car I was issued, an unmarked 2008 Crown Victoria, would activate the chime if I left the blinker on too long and the vehicle was moving. Kind of got in the way of my old man driving :):

I almost always have a window down, at least a little bit. Being able to hear what's going on outside the car makes me feel like I'm more aware of what's around.

Unless I'm on the interstate or SR 37 or some similar road. I agree with Hough, no good can come of it.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013

...and my nose, back, toes; pretty much everywhere except where I want it.

I wear a hat to keep my hair from blowing in the wind, maybe you could try some ear muffs?
    That wins the internet today!

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    It all depends. Highway...AC is on
    After a hot day in the sweatbox called work....AC on
    Weekends....windows down, and depending how hot and humid, windows down with AC cranking too

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    In nice weather I almost always have the windows and/or top down on my jeep. Unless my wife is with me, the A/C never gets used, ditto with the radio.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My A/C in the car gets used maybe a couple times a year. Like if I'm dressed up for a funeral/wake and I don't want to get sweaty.

The house has bad ventilation, so that's different in the house.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Much prefer the lack of them on a motorcycle but seeing as I haven't fixed it yet...

down unless the humidity's crazy high or the temp's over 90 or the womenfolk are with me (because of the hair).

OK stop-and-go I might switch to the AC. or if I'm already sweaty from working outside.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I'm stuck in a basement at work ALL day long, dayum right I roll the windows down when conditions permit. I've actually been spotted in the winter with the windows down, gloves on and collar pulled up high just for an opportunity to breath some fresh air.

Top Bottom