Join INGunOwners For Free

View Poll Results: Do you drive around town with your windows up or down on a nice day?

Voters
81. This poll is closed
  • I always roll the windows down in nice weather.

64 79.01%
  • I choose to keep my windows up

17 20.99%
  • I don't have an auto or pickemup truck. Bacon

1 1.23%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Poll: Do you roll your car windows down in nice weather?

On this beautiful summer morning, I went out for a drive. Windows rolled down. Elbow on the window frame. A little music playing....

But I noticed that everyone else, and I mean everyone else, had their windows rolled up and the A/C cranking. What gives? Does the $2000 car stereo system require delivery in a soundproof room? Are drivers afraid of bugs, eye contact with others not protected by window glass, smog? No dogs in their lives? WTF? Over....

So, if the weather is halfway decent, what is your driving modus operandi?
    I all too often ran out of talent well before the exit of the turn. (© Señor Mouse)

User Info Menu

I always roll mine down. If it's really hot, I still roll them down AND run the AC. I even keep at least my driver's side partly rolled down in the winter time. About the only time I don't is if it's raining hard enough to come in from the side.

User Info Menu

No "sometimes" option.

When I'm just driving around and it's pleasantly warm, sure windows down.

On my commute to work on US 30, I65 and 80/94? Windows up- no good can come from having them down.
    ​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.

User Info Menu

Freeway/highway driving I understand.

I guess some of it might depend on what options are on your vehicle. I don't think I had a car with A/C until the mid-70's. In the heat of the day out west, we used to avoid driving if we could. Lots of early morning and evening excursions.

I miss the little wing windows. Great for air circulation.
    I all too often ran out of talent well before the exit of the turn. (© Señor Mouse)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alpo View Post
    What gives? Does the $2000 car stereo system require delivery in a soundproof room? Are drivers afraid of bugs, eye contact with others not protected by window glass, smog? No dogs in their lives? WTF? Over....
    People that still have hair, and are on their way to work in the morning, don't want the wind to mess it up.
    INGO - too small for a republic, too large for an insane asylum.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rob63 View Post
    People that still have hair, and are on their way to work in the morning, don't want the wind to mess it up.
    Hmmmm. Bald and retired....but I do have hair growing out of my ears that I can't keep up with. The wind does tickle a bit. That's why I drive REAL slow. With the left blinker on full time....except when I want to make a left turn.

User Info Menu

I don't roll them down anymore. I just push a button and they go down. It's kind of a nice feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJQ6945 View Post
    Jagee makes Beetlejuice look like a *****!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alpo View Post
    Hmmmm. Bald and retired....but I do have hair growing out of my ears that I can't keep up with. The wind does tickle a bit. That's why I drive REAL slow. With the left blinker on full time....except when I want to make a left turn.
    I wear a hat to keep my hair from blowing in the wind, maybe you could try some ear muffs?
    I find you offensive for finding me offensive.

Often imitated, Never duplicated.

Resident Dumbass II GLOCKMAN23C's Avatar

User Info Menu

In nice weather, nothing more relaxing than a drive, windows down, music up.

2006 Mustang for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    Get outta my damn yard.......
    Quote Originally Posted by db1959 View Post
    The wind likes to blow my balls around.
    I will not give, not one more inch. No more compromise. From my cold dead hands.

GOA Member

One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. --Thomas Jefferson

A HAM with a radio, and nothing to say.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast