• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Big shot failed work post accident drug test.

Big shot gets fired by his boss.

Boss and I worked together for 10 years...

Boss of big shot asks me if I want the job.

He says if I pass the drug test the job is mine.

Wife is now happy that this job fell in my lap.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Congrats on the new job! Sounds like keeping your nose clean has it's benefits!

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    He’s still got to pass that drug test though!

I meant for you keeping your nose clean, but I see how you took it. I was just trying to be punny. The comments above are probably better anyway though! Congrats again!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If it really was cocaine, Big Shot was dummy. Given how long cocaine stays in the system, he could have masked it to buy time.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Unlike marijuana, cocaine is out your system fairly quickly (1-4 days blood/urine). One trick that users do to hide positive drug screens, is drinking a lot of liquid which will produce a "dilute specimen," requiring the test to be retaken at the next available opportunity (min 1 day). Depending on when the guy used, that trick could have saved his job.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Unlike marijuana, cocaine is out your system fairly quickly (1-4 days blood/urine). One trick that users do to hide positive drug screens, is drinking a lot of liquid which will produce a "dilute specimen," requiring the test to be retaken at the next available opportunity (min 1 day). Depending on when the guy used, that trick could have saved his job.

Filed as "interesting, but useless (for me) information."

Congrats, Longbow.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Oh, I'm high on INGO.

pSpCUm.gif

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    Been taking random drug tests since 1979 and never failed one, at this point I wonder why they still bother...

I'm the employer now, and I still take them, and post results, since *I* (read insurance company) require employees to take them. Wouldn't be fair otherwise...

I'm of the mindset if you are an adult, and you aren't driving or have children in the house, you should be able to do what you want, your choice.
    I'm also of the mindset you should be adult enough not to operate machines that chew up steel while you are taking part in such activities.
    If you can't sort out party/recreation and work, this isn't the right job for you... Flipping burgers or washing cars are more aligned jobs for stoners.

There are always 'Adult Beverages' in the lunchroom if the guys want one while sweeping up after a work day, or working on their own projects after hours/weekends, or we just call the workday at lunch and go fishing in the afternoon (some days are just too nice to work!) but I have to say my crew are fully adult and don't abuse the privilege.

One of my friends was talking about an incident not long ago at his place,
    An employee put food in the microwave, then entered his PIN number and the microwave actually started smoking...
    The employee failed a drug screen and is now a former employee.
    Probably not good for a shop that does military contracts...

Top Bottom