ChurchMouse: Get woke up to sirens and a splash this AM?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    That looked pretty close to Casa de CM. Looks like IMPD got an assist from IFD in apprehending the dead suspect (too morbid?)

INDIANAPOLIS, IND. — One person is dead after apparently drowning during a police chase that ended in a pond. The incident happened at approximately 4:30 a.m. on Indianapolis’ west side.

The Indianapolis Metro Police Department was involved in a pursuit with three suspects who allegedly burglarized a residence. Police say at least two of the suspects attempted to evade capture by jumping into a retention pond.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The funny part is that last night's incident is the second time that has happened IN THAT POND.

Ponds aren't new. Smart phones are new, but ponds have been around forever. Where I grew up? Look out the front windows and what do you see? A pond. Are city-folk confused by ponds? There are way too many ponds with cars in them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ponds aren't new. Smart phones are new, but ponds have been around forever. Where I grew up? Look out the front windows and what do you see? A pond. Are city-folk confused by ponds? There are way too many ponds with cars in them.

Thugs thieves and idiots do not make the best swimmers.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    At least in this case, what I usually call "Drowning Pools" was truthfully a "retention pond" as it retained one suspect and slow another allowing apprehension.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Maybe all retention ponds need have fencing around them so those poor criminals don't hurt themselves!!

You know, in this case I'm not sorry the bad guy drowned and the others were caught, but I still can't believe they make you fence in a perfectly clear swimming pool, of known depth, and usually in someone's back yard, but dark, murky retention ponds of unknown depth, easily accessible from public streets, which result in the deaths of a large number of people each year have no such requirement. :scratch:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    You know, in this case I'm not sorry the bad guy drowned and the others were caught, but I still can't believe they make you fence in a perfectly clear swimming pool, of known depth, and usually in someone's back yard, but dark, murky retention ponds of unknown depth, easily accessible from public streets, which result in the deaths of a large number of people each year have no such requirement. :scratch:
    Can't rep you or I would, DD. So true.

A couple of years ago a guy left a Crown Point bar and drove into a retention pond on his way home. He was missing for months and foul play was suspected until they found him. Last year, I believe in or near the same pond, a special needs man must have simply fallen in while walking, and they didn't know his whereabouts for about six months.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Can't rep you or I would, DD. So true.

A couple of years ago a guy left a Crown Point bar and drove into a retention pond on his way home. He was missing for months and foul play was suspected until they found him. Last year, I believe in or near the same pond, a special needs man must have simply fallen in while walking, and they didn't know his whereabouts for about six months.

It's all due to developers not wanting to go to the expense of a proper drainage system IMHO. Cheaper to dig ponds than put in storm sewers, I guess including the inevitable loss of life.

Top Bottom