Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy View Post
    Like I said, if it's spoken, I agree they sound the same. If it's typed out, it's just wrong. That's one of the reasons I refuse to use speech-to-text software. By the time I get done correcting what it "thought" I said, I could have (not "of") just typed it out.
    As I age verbal laziness irritates me more and more. My current nerve grater is people pronouncing it "fer" instead of "for".
    "If you are mad as hell and aren't gonna take it anymore, grab your rifle and head outside. If you're the only one with a rifle screaming like a maniac, go back inside. It isn't time yet"

"I saw a movie once where only the police and military had guns. It was called Schindler's List."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy View Post
    If it's spoken, yes. If they're typing it, then no.
    Of course not! It's coulda woulda and shoulda if you're writing. Or verbally, if you're Brando.

I all too often ran out of talent well before the exit of the turn. (© Señor Mouse)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alpo View Post
    Of course not! It's coulda woulda and shoulda if you're writing. Or verbally, if you're Brando.
    Coulda, woulda and shoulda are acceptable in informal communications. Or when Brando says them.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snapdragon View Post
    But where is the line drawn? When describing teens/early 20's of unknown age, who's a boy and who's a man? Easier to just say male. Same for girls/woman, of course.
    Like I said, I dont have a problem calling some 18 year old's men and other 30 year old's boys. Everyone has their own line in the sand.
    I just dont envision myself or any of my friends saying, hey look at those males over there, its either boys or men.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat." ~Eldridge Cleaver

User Info Menu

"Enjoy" - I assume they mean to say "I hope you enjoy it", but it always sounds like they are giving me an order when it is reduced to a single word. Sorry, but I'll decide if I enjoy it or not.
    INGO - too small for a republic, too large for an insane asylum.

User Info Menu

Shampoo
    Still the youngest INGO'r? Definitely the least stinkiest...

Que
    Meekness ≠ Weakness

User Info Menu

For me it’s “vetran”! The people here totally believe the “e” and “r” are silent. It sounds like a former soldier who ran from a battle.
    Rudeness is the weakest person's demonstration of strength.

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

When spelled it drives me crazy...to, too, two.
    How hard is it to figure out which to use ?
    Eating beavers just to help save trees.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post
    THIS. There's a term for when one word (or contraction) morphs into something else because it's just easier for the tongue.
    Its called Harleyrider

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hkindiana View Post
    I hate when "decimate" is used incorrectly, as in almost EVERY TIME IT IS USED
    Yes, nearly always used incorrectly.
    Also
    Shrapnel has lost its true historical meaning.

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast