Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20

User Info Menu

"twicet"*. (Instead of "twice") My boss uses it all the damn time. I literally wish somebody would bleep the word out with the sound of nails on a chalkboard I find it so annoying.

She's a great lady and stellar boss, but her grammar and grasp of the rules of the English language leads MUCH to be desired. (like insisting a new vendor rep's name was pronounced "seen" because it was spelled "Sean". )

Edit: to clarify, its pronounced with a second hard t at the end. So I guess it should probably be writen twice't.
    Last edited by Cameramonkey; 3 Weeks Ago at 20:48.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

User Info Menu

Well, it's not one word, but two.
    "Good Idea" and it's cousin "Great Idea".

Every time someone in management uses either of those, I want to scream and punch bunny rabbits.
    It's usually an old idea, that everyone knows we've tried 17 times, it costs a LOT of money and energy, and failed miserably.
    "Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

Actaeon - act'-tee-on
    The death of Actaeon - http://www.paleothea.com/Myths/Actaeon.html

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cameramonkey View Post
    "twicet". (Instead of "twice") My boss uses it all the damn time. I literally wish somebody would bleep the word out with the sound of nails on a chalkboard I find it so annoying.

She's a great lady and stellar boss, but her grammar and grasp of the rules of the English language leads MUCH to be desired. (like insisting a new vendor rep's name was pronounced "seen" because it was spelled "Sean". )
    2ice. Saw this in a text.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cameramonkey View Post
    "twicet"*. (Instead of "twice") My boss uses it all the damn time. I literally wish somebody would bleep the word out with the sound of nails on a chalkboard I find it so annoying.

Edit: to clarify, its pronounced with a second hard t at the end. So I guess it should probably be writen twice't.
    Update. She also orders her steak medium well and smothers it (no matter how well seasoned) with A1. She's an animal tat's gonna give me PTSD if this keeps up. (we often travel to remote sites together with other team members so we end up eating dinner together)

On a related note, I'm on the road now, and the person above me in the hotel room above does the weirdest things... like pacing back and forth between the bath and beds rrepeatedly for an hour, and just now sounded like they were rolling a suitcase around occasionally ramming it repeatedly into a wall. I hate people. /rant
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

User Info Menu

I hate the abbreviations used in text messages. I refuse to carry on a conversation with people who "speak in text". My sister inlaw says : OMG, JK, LOL... in normal conversation.
    Example: OMG, we went to see that new movie last night. It sucked, JK it was awesome. We LOL'd our butts off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Duck View Post
    No, I'm pretty sure Chubbs was telling the truth.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chubbs View Post
    I hate the abbreviations used in text messages. I refuse to carry on a conversation with people who "speak in text". My sister inlaw says : OMG, JK, LOL... in normal conversation.
    Example: OMG, we went to see that new movie last night. It sucked, JK it was awesome. We LOL'd our butts off.
    IKR?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chubbs View Post

remove "case of the Mondays", and add your abbreviations

"Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

Actaeon - act'-tee-on
    The death of Actaeon - http://www.paleothea.com/Myths/Actaeon.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mikebol View Post
    IKR?
    https://youtu.be/9mZoYzSn7BE

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
    "You only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent"-Fundamentals of chess 1883

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20