• ...and so much more!
  • MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    I've got a garage refrigerator that just won't cut the mustard. I have already got a new fridge, picking it up tomorrow, and am not sure what to do with the old one.

I know I can't just dispose of it, due to the coolant.

Does anyone know of a place that takes old refrigerators...maybe refurbishes them and resells?
    Will I need to get someone to evacuate the coolant, then take it to a scrap yard?

Anyone want a free fridge?LOL

"That's my shootin' fridge...three more payments and it's all mine!"

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    List it on craigslist. someone will be by to pick it up the same day. Actually u will have several calls about it. Dont hold it. First come gets it.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Put it out by the street. Don't put a sign saying "free", put one saying "$50". A scrapper will be along shortly and steal it. If some dufus wants to pay for it, hey, $50.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    Big retailers *USED* to be required to take old freon equipment, don't know if that's still in effect this many years down the road after R12 was banned... And about every city has some sort of take back program, but it's often just once a year.
    Around here, the soda/ice machine HVAC people will take a charged machine so they can suck out & recycle the freon that's no longer made to top off machines that are still working.

I suck the stainless units up for the stainless.
    Plenty of stainless on a fridge/freezer for cool work bench tops,
    And if it's the big industrial machines with solid latches/locks I convert them into storage cabinet with humidity control ('Golden Rods') and lights that work when the door is open.
    Yank the compressor, condenser etc out and use expanding foam to seal everything up, the industrial models have great shelving & racking inside.

I'm SURE a free internet ad will clear it out in no time.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Fill it with tannerite and shoot it, take a U-Tube video of you almost (or not) of being fragged by the explosion. You'll be famous (for 15 min).

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If you do set it out by the curb, you'll want to take the door off, or at least that's what they used to tell people (so kids wouldn't play around with them and get trapped inside). Of course that was back in the day when refrigerators actually had latches on the doors. Not sure it would be possible to get "trapped" in one of the newer ones with no latch.

rebarguyindy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2013
    Spencer, IN
    We put one out by the curb and called the city. They were supposed to pick it up within 48 hours. After about 4 days we called again and they came the next day. Funny part was we received a phone call from the city about 2 months later saying a neighbor called to complain about the refrigerator out by our curb and we needed to get rid of it. Government is so efficient.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    If you do set it out by the curb, you'll want to take the door off, or at least that's what they used to tell people (so kids wouldn't play around with them and get trapped inside). Of course that was back in the day when refrigerators actually had latches on the doors. Not sure it would be possible to get "trapped" in one of the newer ones with no latch.

Many municipalities will fine you for setting a fridge out without securing or removing the door.
    Even though there are no latches, a child could still get trapped in one laying on it's back, and may not be strong enough to push the door up to open it.
    With the modern doors seals, it wouldn't take long to suffocate in that small box.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Many municipalities will fine you for setting a fridge out without securing or removing the door.
    Even though there are no latches, a child could still get trapped in one laying on it's back, and may not be strong enough to push the door up to open it.
    With the modern doors seals, it wouldn't take long to suffocate in that small box.
    That makes sense. Better to err on the side of caution for sure!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    [video=youtube_share;DjlOEhUr4Ys]https://youtu.be/DjlOEhUr4Ys[/video]

The best meme was one where an animator drew flailing stick arms, legs, and eyes on the piece that flew by. HILARIOUS.

Pretty sure some antifa **** might not have the strength to open it. So please do us all a favor and DONT remove the door. LOL

Do you have an ex you need to get rid of?

Dont answer that. SSS.

Top Bottom