Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

User Info Menu

What To Do With Old Fridge

I've got a garage refrigerator that just won't cut the mustard. I have already got a new fridge, picking it up tomorrow, and am not sure what to do with the old one.

I know I can't just dispose of it, due to the coolant.

Does anyone know of a place that takes old refrigerators...maybe refurbishes them and resells?
    Will I need to get someone to evacuate the coolant, then take it to a scrap yard?

Anyone want a free fridge?LOL

"That's my shootin' fridge...three more payments and it's all mine!"

Expert

User Info Menu

List it on craigslist. someone will be by to pick it up the same day. Actually u will have several calls about it. Dont hold it. First come gets it.

User Info Menu

Check with your electric utility - sometimes ours will pay for old refrigerators & deep freezes as part of their energy efficiency outreach.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Put it out by the street. Don't put a sign saying "free", put one saying "$50". A scrapper will be along shortly and steal it. If some dufus wants to pay for it, hey, $50.
    Geeking out on ancestry; 17th great grandson of Geoffrey Chaucer, and a bunch of dukes, knights, princesses, kings and stuff. Of course, once you turn over a rock and one king crawls out, you're pretty much infested with them. And what did I tell you? Charlemagne, Holy Roman Emperor, Charles "The Hammer" Martel, and a truckload of others. This is getting better: "The Bonny Earl O'Moray" was an ancestor, and the origin of the term mondegreen: They slew the Earl O'Moray and Lady Mondegreen

Expert

User Info Menu

Big retailers *USED* to be required to take old freon equipment, don't know if that's still in effect this many years down the road after R12 was banned... And about every city has some sort of take back program, but it's often just once a year.
    Around here, the soda/ice machine HVAC people will take a charged machine so they can suck out & recycle the freon that's no longer made to top off machines that are still working.

I suck the stainless units up for the stainless.
    Plenty of stainless on a fridge/freezer for cool work bench tops,
    And if it's the big industrial machines with solid latches/locks I convert them into storage cabinet with humidity control ('Golden Rods') and lights that work when the door is open.
    Yank the compressor, condenser etc out and use expanding foam to seal everything up, the industrial models have great shelving & racking inside.

I'm SURE a free internet ad will clear it out in no time.

I Care...Really

User Info Menu

We set stuff on the curb. 9 times out of 10 it is gone in moments to 30 minutes.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Fill it with tannerite and shoot it, take a U-Tube video of you almost (or not) of being fragged by the explosion. You'll be famous (for 15 min).
    Thor himself has spoken, mere mortals must make it so. - bradmedic04

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    Fill it with tannerite and shoot it, take a U-Tube video of you almost (or not) of being fragged by the explosion. You'll be famous (for 15 min).
    "May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Mal

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by alabasterjar View Post
    Check with your electric utility - sometimes ours will pay for old refrigerators & deep freezes as part of their energy efficiency outreach.
    ^^^^^^^what he said. AEP up north here pays $20-30 for them^^^^^^

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast