• ...and so much more!
  • AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I am not very knowledgeable in these things so I was hoping someone on here might be able to help out.

We are moving and can't take this with us. My wife inherited it some 20+ years ago and we have no idea how old it was then.
    I want to say this is mahogany and I have not moved it away from the wall yet to see if there is a manufacture label.

I don't know if it is worth much but I hate to sell cheap if it is. Just thought somebody here might have some insight.

Thanks in advance

bigbaloo95

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2014
    wolcottville
    Well it looks quality. Unfortunately the market for China cabinets (or traditional wood furniture in general) is at a low point. I would be happy getting $300 from it. Looks like it’s 60’sish and furniture store bought if I had to guess. Definitely not a cheap piece when new.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Well it looks quality. Unfortunately the market for China cabinets (or traditional wood furniture in general) is at a low point. I would be happy getting $300 from it. Looks like it’s 60’sish and furniture store bought if I had to guess. Definitely not a cheap piece when new.

My wife's aunt didn't buy cheap stuff but you're right, not much of a market for this type of furniture anymore. I hope I don't have to move it. it is probably the heaviest piece of furniture I have ever moved

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    Sad but Bigbaloo is right, looks like a quality should be $1200-1500 probably be lucky to get $500. Everyone wants primitive. Take it out back, strip all the deco off, paint it then rough it up. Someone would probably give you $2500. No, please don’t really do that just saying... my SIL just bought a “farm house table” said it was made with 100 year old barn wood yeah, last week.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I can't help you out, other than to say that it's beautiful.

And completely and totally will not fit anywhere in to my house. :-)

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I would check FB marketplace and see if there is anything similar and get an idea of what people are asking, it looks like there are a lot of them on there right now.

Top Bottom