Indiana in the news after 4H fair brawl in South Bend...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    “You see that everywhere every weekend,”

Bootyjuice getting more well earned bad publicity. He would do for the country what he's doing for SB. It's just his constituents behaving as they feel they have the right to...what's normal for them.

Matthews

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2019
    Dyer
    Oddly enough I was at potato creek state park and had the urge to stop in... Thankfully I made the right decision.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest that the brawlers aren't a bunch of 4-H kids who decided to blow off steam after a long day over at the barns caring for their animals.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    This is hardly a problem unique to South Bend.

Until people start placing value on the lives of others, and not on filming and laughing at idiotic behavior, this crap will continue. It's a societal problem, not one of location.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The county fairs up here are getting to be like anywhere else. Go during the day and leave early. Once night comes, it is a different crowd.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The county fairs up here are getting to be like anywhere else. Go during the day and leave early. Once night comes, it is a different crowd.

That is generally correct. I would note that the "midway" area where the rides are attract the most....."winners". Food areas, less of an issue, but still... All the other parts including grandstand, not bad at all.

On a tangential note, as a frequent fair goer due to 4-H activities (come hear HoughMade announce the Porter County 4-H Miniature Equine Show this year), I have questions.

For instance, I've lived in Porter County 23 of the last 24 years- where are all these people the rest of the year? I lived in South Haven for 15 years so I know part of the answer. I'm thinking also: Kouts, Portage and Wal Mart.

Also, the young (and no so young) ladies and their wardrobe choices...is "rural prostitute" an officially recognized fashion genre these days? Do they only wear these outfits to the fair, no where else?

Related- if, after stuffing yourself into the daisy dukes, you look like a tube of Pillsbury biscuits that exploded....think about another outfit- public service announcement.

Oh, and guys- T-shirts with the arm holes enlarged to within 2 to 4 inches of the bottom of the shirt- also, not a great look. Also guys, half-shirts. No. Your month just ended. Put them away for another 11 months.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest that the brawlers aren't a bunch of 4-H kids who decided to blow off steam after a long day over at the barns caring for their animals.

Hey, don't put it past them. Many years ago at that fair, after a long day in the barns caring for our animals, a large group of us 4-H kids were involved in a melee on the midway with some of the local "usual suspects".;)

Thankfully, it was pre-cellphone video.:whistle:

Somebody said something to someone's girlfriend and it was on. After a brief skirmish, the locals ran for the north fence. I was impressed, never seen so many people rapidly scale an 8', barbed wire topped fence. They talked pretty tough on the other side of the fence and invited us to join them. We loaded up in a couple pick ups and obliged.

Caught up with them along Jackson Rd. One of them pulled a gun, and whacked the first approaching 4Her right upside the head with it. Knocked him cold, broke his jaw. The rest of us promptly decided to agree with whatever they said about whoever's girlfriend, grabbed our knocked out comrade, and made a rapid retreat.

Upon our return to the fairgrounds, I experience my first taste of the lack of respect for the 2nd and 4th Amendment by local LEOs. Word got out there was trouble brewin. They rounded up all of us who were coming back in, and anybody they heard was involved with the earlier altercation and searched our vehicles. A few long guns were confiscated, an MLB teams worth of baseball bats, several knives, etc. It was all locked up for safekeeping and returned when the fair was over.

Good times, man. Good times.:laugh:

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ...Related- if, after stuffing yourself into the daisy dukes, you look like a tube of Pillsbury biscuits that exploded....think about another outfit- public service announcement...

:laugh:

We need to add daisy dukes to the list of things that NEVER lie.:laugh6:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

Don’t sheepishly let them pull the wool over your eyes with their shear focus and drive to succeed. Turn your back on them for a second and you’re meat

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

I don't know... You've surely heard about all the rioting and general mischief we get here in Indy when the FFA hooligans are in town.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Don’t sheepishly let them pull the wool over your eyes with their shear focus and drive to succeed. Turn your back on them for a second and you’re meat

giphy.gif

I don't know... You've surely heard about all the rioting and general mischief we get here in Indy when the FFA hooligans are in town.

Um...that's the FFA, sport. Those thugs wear gang jackets and everything:

5cc240d69fcaa.image.jpg

You would be advised not to mix THOSE hooligans up with 4-H.

4-H.jpg

(Non gangster son in red shirt)

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Y'know, the reason why I the open-minded person I am today is that I grew up with parents in a mixed marriage where all they did is love each other for 54 years despite, and even because of, their differences. Dad was in FFA, Mom was a 4-H'er.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Y'know, the reason why I the open-minded person I am today is that I grew up with parents in a mixed marriage where all they did is love each other for 54 years despite, and even because of, their differences. Dad was in FFA, Mom was a 4-H'er.
    Oh yeah... FFA vs. 4H is like the Crips vs. the Bloods...

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Oh yeah... FFA vs. 4H is like the Crips vs. the Bloods...

Blue and Gold vs Green and White! I wore both back in the day. Come to think of it, a lot of us did. I never rolled up on my rival gang and did a tractor-by shooting on the Farmall H. It topped out at at about 13 in road-gear :laugh:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spencerab23
    Top Bottom