• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    New strategy.
    When they see white plastic bucket lids waived at them from the deck they know they're about to get frisbeed if they don't leave the flowers alone.
    Wish me luck.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Yeah, they'll run away when "frisbeed"....only to return at night and make quick work of the flowers.

Every once in a while I've had this trouble, but the local residents have been pretty helpful in preventing this:

ed-coyote_lg.jpg

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    As long as they don't jump up in the air and catch the the lids in their teeth I'm doing good.

It's amazing fun dealing with young deer and rabbits. You can see them making up their minds what to do.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Had to frisbee again. I think it was the same one. Came to the same place. Watched me. Ran from the bucket lid to the same spot on the fence line. This becoming fun. Hmm, might be fun for him too.

dieselmudder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 30, 2014
    United States
    My dogs keep the rabbits away, it's the groundhogs that are overrunning the neighborhood! Every one the dogs kill, 4 more take their place.
    Where are you seeing that many groundhogs? I've just recently started seeing them again. I'm looking forward to being able to hunt them regularly.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Where are you seeing that many groundhogs? I've just recently started seeing them again. I'm looking forward to being able to hunt them regularly.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
    Southern Indiana, right on the Ohio River. Dogs got another one yesterday. I think that’s 5 in the last few months. The one yesterday was a big one, maybe 15-20 lbs. this afternoon, I saw another large one, and awhile later, a smaller one, all in the same spot in the back of the yard. They taunt the dogs, and know just how far to stray away from their den, but occasionally screw up and end up as a dog toy.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Good year for small critters of all sorts last year. Bunnies, squirrels, everything.

Issue here is the wet weather pushing back cutting hay and field grass.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    There's two in the front yard while we ate breakfast. Watching them is way much better than TV. I even have fun watching the cat watch them.

wmbraswell2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2019
    COLUMBUS
    I feel my pellet gun will make a debit come August we got rabbits everywhere in my addition. My hound keeps them run off of our place mostly but the neighbors got 3-5 rabbits in the yards daily.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    The wife says there's a new fist sized one and two new fawns.
    It's a good thing they're getting lots of nutritious flowers :laugh:

Top Bottom