Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Expert

User Info Menu

Heads up, eBay now charges Indiana residents sales tax on purchases

Just a heads up that starting July 1st, eBay now charges sales tax on all purchases from people living in 27 states, INCLUDING INDIANA. Keep this in mind when you calculate what you are willing to spend.
    With so many places beating dicks I think it's gonna hurt dicks bad.

User Info Menu

And just for the uninitiated so does Amazon. Of course they have been for a little while now.
    Yes I am for gun control!! A firm grip, steady aim, and a gentle squeeze!!

What comes after your first "infraction"? Double Secret Probation perhaps???

User Info Menu

Sales tax = cost of doing business. It's never really been a deal breaker for me. Of course I have not bought anything off of e-bay for more than a decade.
    Thor himself has spoken, mere mortals must make it so. - bradmedic04

User Info Menu

Just discovered this myself. Unfortunate, but I'm sure we all reported our ebay purchases in our tax returns so in the end it's a wash....

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

What was the name of that group that formed some years back? Something about taxed enough already...?
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

User Info Menu

The government never leaves our money on the table without taking their cut. But if you ever need them to pay you what you are owed, good luck.
    CASH 4 GUITARS & AMPS. Fender & Gibson. PM me.
    NRA Patron Life Member

User Info Menu

They have been for a while now. I buy on Ebay regularly and noticed this a while ago if I was buying from someone in Indiana. I believe all internet sales are to be doing this now.
    L.F.F.L.

Follow my son's journey as he travels Europe on this thread.

http://ingunowners.com/forums/break-...adventure.html or on FB https://www.facebook.com/AnthonyBrooksArt/ . He has been posting more on the Art page than his Sketchy Travels page that he started when he left on this trip.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rebase View Post
    I'd be sufficiently happy not throwing their tea in the water if they would just properly fix all these dang potholes!
    Ha. I have zero sympathy for them and their taxes. They steal over 1/3 of peoples wages and then tax them still on goods and owned property too. The govt now is stealing aay more than the British ever did. But weve done it to ourselves. We've givin Congress basically unlimited authority to dip into our wallets
    CASH 4 GUITARS & AMPS. Fender & Gibson. PM me.
    NRA Patron Life Member

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mom45 View Post
    They have been for a while now. I buy on Ebay regularly and noticed this a while ago if I was buying from someone in Indiana. I believe all internet sales are to be doing this now.
    SELLERS in Indiana have charged sales tax to RESIDENTS who purchased from them for quite a while. However, starting July 1st ALL purchasers in Indiana will be required to pay sales tax TO EBAY for ALL purchases
    With so many places beating dicks I think it's gonna hurt dicks bad.

User Info Menu

I never buy anything on eBay anymore. The potential for counterfeit goods on Amazon is bad enough, but on eBay . . . no worth the risk to me.

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast