• ...and so much more!
  • JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    10 questions out of 100...
    When the average person on the street can't tell you the three branches of federal government,
    Or the two houses of congress...

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    CNN has this 10 question citizenship test on their site. The text seems to indicate that they think people might fail (miss more than 4 questions). I'm no expert in civics but I aced the test and thought the questions were absurdly easy.
    Does this say anything about CNN viewers or what CNN thinks of their viewers?
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/04/us/us-citizenship-quiz-trnd/index.html

Keep in mind those questions are made for people who hope to become US citizens, they didn't go to school in the US and English is usually not their native language.

If you're already a US citizen, and an English native speaker, of course the test seems very easy to you.As it should.

I got 10 out of 10, but that's only 10 out of 100 questions.

How well did you do?UNCLE SAM WOULD BE PROUD!
    You got 10 out of 10 right!
    Congratulations, you passed the U.S. naturalization test with red, white, and blue colors.

Will CNN mail me my US passport? :):

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Keep in mind those questions are made for people who hope to become US citizens, they didn't go to school in the US and English is usually not their native language.

If you're already a US citizen, and an English native speaker, of course the test seems very easy to you.As it should.

I got 10 out of 10, but that's only 10 out of 100 questions.

Will CNN mail me my US passport? :):

Well I would HOPE you got the one about the louisiana purchase right!! Is that still a sore subject over there?:laugh:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Well I would HOPE you got the one about the louisiana purchase right!! Is that still a sore subject over there?:laugh:

Actually Spain gave Lousiana to France, then France sold it for $333,495,000 (in today's money) to the US.
    So I guess it's a good deal.
    The money was used during the Napoleonic Wars to raise a large army and rule most of Europe.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Actually Spain gave Lousiana to France, then France sold it for $333,495,000 (in today's money) to the US.
    So I guess it's a good deal.
    The money was used during the Napoleonic Wars to raise a large army and rule most of Europe.

Ha ha, zing!

Top Bottom