• ...and so much more!
  • OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    My old pastor got it years ago. Sounded like from him, the sooner you catch the shorter it took to recover. But in his case it took about a year or so to fully recover. I don't know how long he had it before they caught it. I don't know a lot of details other than that. I do know it took a while though.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    As stated above...faster treatment results in far better recovery.

My husband got tested as soon as I realized his symptoms (mostly flu like) matched what I was reading about online. One round of antibiotics cleared it up.

A girl I work with has it, and her issues are far more debilitating. She went undiagnosed for some time. I know of two others recently diagnosed. One is pretty sure she caught it very early and is on 30 days of Doxycycline.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    A dentist friend got it about two years ago. After REPEATED misdiagnoses, he finally got on IV antibiotics. Took about a year for him to recover fully, not including the mess antibiotics make of you gut biome.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    One guy I know caught it early, had the bullseye rash so went to doctor immediately. Got over it real quick with no long term effects. Another guy I know didn't know he had it and took some time to get diagnosed. Still dealing with problems 3 or 4 years later.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Real serious stuff. I hate ticks. Seems like if there a ticks about they find me quickly and ignore everyone else.

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    About three years ago, I was running trails at Wilbur Wright FWA. Next day I had a bullseye rash on my right upper arm. Went to the NP at my drs. office and got prescribed 14 days of doxycycline. Never even saw a tick. I don't think I've had any issues from it.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    One guy I know caught it early, had the bullseye rash so went to doctor immediately. Got over it real quick with no long term effects. Another guy I know didn't know he had it and took some time to get diagnosed. Still dealing with problems 3 or 4 years later.

My daughter got it about 25 years ago....somehow the ER Dr diagnosed it as what he thought was spinal meningitis and had us worried sick. The next morning our 65 year old family Dr came to hospital and started smiling, we were like what is so funny? He showed us a perfect bullseye on her back where she had been bitten when we were in Michigan on vacation. Best I recall she got some antibiotics and was good as new.

Top Bottom