Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    x10

User Info Menu

Valvoline 5w-30 Conventional Motor Oil missing from shelfs

Went to get oil for oil changes today and there is none to be had. Looks like they changed the packaging and the synthetic is now in the white bottle. We hit 2 autozones, orielly's and napa, (we called the autozone in Angola) and looked in Martinsville and Morgantown, There is no conventional oil to be had.

Did the stop making it?
    Tomorrow’s winds will blow tomorrow

User Info Menu

No idea of an answer to your question.

Why are you looking for a specific conventional motor oil? Or conventional motor oil at all?
    "The problem with internet quotations is that many are not genuine." -Abraham Lincoln

x10

User Info Menu

Im trying to warn people that the packaging has changed on the motor oil, Valvoline 5w-30 which is a very common oil. And that if you want to stick with conventional Valvoline 5w-30 you might be careful of what you buy.

Switching bases back and forth on your oil can cause uncommon wear on the lower end of the engines. So since about every chevy pickup with a 5.3 or a 4.8 uses this oil there is a problem brewing, The stores were unaware there was a change
    Tomorrow’s winds will blow tomorrow

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by x10 View Post
    Im trying to warn people that the packaging has changed on the motor oil, Valvoline 5w-30 which is a very common oil. And that if you want to stick with conventional Valvoline 5w-30 you might be careful of what you buy.

Switching bases back and forth on your oil can cause uncommon wear on the lower end of the engines. So since about every chevy pickup with a 5.3 or a 4.8 uses this oil there is a problem brewing, The stores were unaware there was a change
    How exactly does changing bases cause uncommon wear on the lower end? Does Chevy specify that one use Valvoline?

User Info Menu

Tagging for interest. I thought that generally speaking as long as you maintain a film between surfaces wear was reduced. OPs statement seems counter intuitive and I look forward to him showing his work via science based reports.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

Plinker

User Info Menu

For what it’s worth, Chrysler pentastar motors have weird specs. valvoline conventional was one of the rare ones you could use without violating the warranty. Chrysler recommended penzoil synthetic blend, but good luck finding that. Most of the dealerships used Kendall in my day. That may have changed in the last 20 years but I’m not sure.

User Info Menu

bobistheoilguy.com

User Info Menu

nothing this trivial is going to hurt any type of engine.
    Still the youngest INGO'r? Definitely the least stinkiest...

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by x10 View Post
    Switching bases back and forth on your oil can cause uncommon wear on the lower end of the engines.
    Really?
    Never heard of such a thing.....

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by putsjunior View Post
    For what it’s worth, Chrysler pentastar motors have weird specs. valvoline conventional was one of the rare ones you could use without violating the warranty. Chrysler recommended penzoil synthetic blend, but good luck finding that. Most of the dealerships used Kendall in my day. That may have changed in the last 20 years but I’m not sure.
    So does Chrysler have their own specs separate from API? Please show some reference?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast