Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy View Post
    Here's a thought... people with the attitude of the poster you were replying to should have some kind of "DNR" designation on their public record, maybe attached to their phone numbers. ("DNR" in this case meaning "Do Not Respond", as opposed to Do Not Resuscitate). Since they don't want the services of LEO, if they ever do call 911 for any reason, they can be ignored, thus freeing up the 911 lines for people that actually DO appreciate the services that LEO provide.

Caller: "Someone just broke into my house and they're still here!"
    911 dispatch: "I'm sorry sir (or ma'am), but you are on our Do Not Respond list. Have a nice evening."
    That would just prove their point.

People who don't like the cops, for whatever reason, should be treated with the utmost professionalism when cops respond to their call.

That's how you make them change their mind.

You don't like cops? Well guess what they are still willing to risk their lives responding to a call at your house in the middle of the night.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvain View Post
    That would just prove their point.

People who don't like the cops, for whatever reason, should be treated with the utmost professionalism when cops respond to their call.

That's how you make them change their mind.

You don't like cops? Well guess what they are still willing to risk their lives responding to a call at your house in the middle of the night.
    Oh, I would make it voluntary to get on the "DNR" list, just like Do Not Resuscitate orders. It's been my observation that the only people that have negative opinions of the police are ones that have done something illegal to begin with, which caused the cops to get involved. Then they behave like *******s and are surprised when the cops do their jobs.

Plinker

User Info Menu

First time this jerk hears a noise in the house in the middle of
    the night.....that will be the time when they will become
    "comfortable" with the law.........

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HoughMade View Post
    I'll be super-Epstein creepy by posting the trailer of the movie she became famous for...which was filmed when she was 12:

I don't remember ever seeing that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OurDee View Post
    Her name is Chloe Grace Moretz.
    Thanks.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy View Post
    Here's a thought... people with the attitude of the poster you were replying to should have some kind of "DNR" designation on their public record, maybe attached to their phone numbers. ("DNR" in this case meaning "Do Not Respond", as opposed to Do Not Resuscitate). Since they don't want the services of LEO, if they ever do call 911 for any reason, they can be ignored, thus freeing up the 911 lines for people that actually DO appreciate the services that LEO provide.

Caller: "Someone just broke into my house and they're still here!"
    911 dispatch: "I'm sorry sir (or ma'am), but you are on our Do Not Respond list. Have a nice evening."
    No.

Our job is, for the most part, to help people that need it the best we can. Their opinion of us is irrelevant and I don't help anyone any less regardless of what that opinion is.

As far as those saying they would refuse to leave or would have a few choice words for the employee and customer while going, that doesn't solve anything either. Simply leaving and being as polite as can be to both of them would make a lot bigger impression than acting like a jackass. If this job was easy, everyone would be doing it.
    Medium speed. Moderate drag.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    No.

Our job is, for the most part, to help people that need it the best we can. Their opinion of us is irrelevant and I don't help anyone any less regardless of what that opinion is.

As far as those saying they would refuse to leave or would have a few choice words for the employee and customer while going, that doesn't solve anything either. Simply leaving and being as polite as can be to both of them would make a lot bigger impression than acting like a jackass. If this job was easy, everyone would be doing it.
    It must be easy, because everyone is always telling me how to do it! Even people with absolutely no knowledge or experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargo View Post
    I'm picturing you curbstomping yourself, ala Fight Club. All while yelling, "don't worry ma'am, he'll leave you alone after this."
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    If you want a real vintage denim hat, you'll probably have to push a hipster off his fixed gear bicycle and, while he's collecting his PBR cans, grab it off his head and run.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CPT Nervous View Post
    It must be easy, because everyone is always telling me how to do it! Even people with absolutely no knowledge or experience.
    Well there are a lot of cop shows on TV.
    People can see how easy it is.
    Look at those CSI shows.
    Cop shows up, finds a random fingerprint, scans it, immediatly gets the suspect's picture oh his ipad with his current address.
    Easy!

User Info Menu

Oh....how I can relate....
    ​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.

User Info Menu

I hear you.
    Medium speed. Moderate drag.

User Info Menu

Worst part is, you have to listen because they pay your salary!

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast