Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
    Worst part is, you have to listen because they pay your salary!
    Ah. That's where I have the advantage.
    ​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HoughMade View Post
    Oh....how I can relate....

ALLEGEDLY!

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelZWilliamson View Post
    Yes.

The Sacred Cow Slaughterhouse » Ask A Cop.

About 500 more examples, and dozens more every day in the news.

Stop worshipping a street gang.

So many of those are just so grossly misrepresented, that I have to doubt the validity of all of them.

It's like all the people out there saying that they're being oppressed. They claim everything is oppressive, so if they're ever actually oppressed, everyone has already quit listening to them.

There is a lot more to those stories you posted. Tamir Rice?? Really? The kid that was pointing a realistic toy gun at people, then pointed it at police? You consider that police misconduct? Daniel Shaver? The guy that was told repeatedly to stop reaching for his waistband, and warned that if he did it again, he would be shot? I don't have the time to break down all 500 of these, but as I said, there are quite a few that I know are severely distorted. If there are any cases here where the police genuinely acted inappropriately, then those stories are buried among the hundreds of stories where they did nothing wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargo View Post
    I'm picturing you curbstomping yourself, ala Fight Club. All while yelling, "don't worry ma'am, he'll leave you alone after this."
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    If you want a real vintage denim hat, you'll probably have to push a hipster off his fixed gear bicycle and, while he's collecting his PBR cans, grab it off his head and run.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    No.

Our job is, for the most part, to help people that need it the best we can. Their opinion of us is irrelevant and I don't help anyone any less regardless of what that opinion is.

As far as those saying they would refuse to leave or would have a few choice words for the employee and customer while going, that doesn't solve anything either. Simply leaving and being as polite as can be to both of them would make a lot bigger impression than acting like a jackass. If this job was easy, everyone would be doing it.
    Oh I know. My comment was (mostly) tongue in cheek. I just find that people that are "uncomfortable" around police have had interactions (mostly deserved) with police in which the outcome wasn't what they'd hoped for - in other words, they got caught breaking the law.

User Info Menu

All the talk of police oppression reminded me of this:

All these poor, "uncomfortable" souls being "repressed," just like Arthur "repressed" poor Dennis the peasant.

I'm glad I'm retired; when we were removing protesters from the I-69 construction sites, they screamed like they were being hurt. That was before the troopers even touched them. It's their reflexive move: "I feel unsafe."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    All the talk of police oppression reminded me of this:

All these poor, "uncomfortable" souls being "repressed," just like Arthur "repressed" poor Dennis the peasant.

I'm glad I'm retired; when we were removing protesters from the I-69 construction sites, they screamed like they were being hurt. That was before the troopers even touched them. It's their reflexive move: "I feel unsafe."
    Beat me to it...
    VIRTUS JUNXIT MORS NON SEPARABIT

I Care...Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy View Post
    Oh I know. My comment was (mostly) tongue in cheek. I just find that people that are "uncomfortable" around police have had interactions (mostly deserved) with police in which the outcome wasn't what they'd hoped for - in other words, they got caught breaking the law.
    I have had these interactions and most were well deserved.
    No chip on my shoulders.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

I Care...Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Denny347 View Post
    Yeah I know right......

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

I Care...Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelZWilliamson View Post
    Yes.

The Sacred Cow Slaughterhouse » Ask A Cop.

About 500 more examples, and dozens more every day in the news.

Stop worshipping a street gang.
    Man there is so much I could say here but...............

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    I have had these interactions and most were well deserved.
    No chip on my shoulders.
    Same here. "Yep, you got me. Mea culpa."

The last time I got pulled over, I was actually wearing a clown suit in full makeup (minus the nose, that I was saving for when I got to the Halloween party I was going to). I was exiting onto 10th st eastbound off of 465 on the westside. Needed to get in the far left lane to turn at the first light. Apparently, I cut a cop off (I'm sure I did) as I was trying to cross 4 lanes of traffic to make my turn at the light. Unfortunately, my driver side mirror on the truck I was driving was messed up, and would blow in toward the truck as soon as I got up to interstate speed, and I was trying to readjust it as I was merging over, so I really didn't see him.

He walked up to my window and took one look at me and just said, "Before, or after?" I said, "Before. On the way." We both had a good chuckle and he just cautioned me to be more careful, and to get my mirror fixed.
    Last edited by DoggyDaddy; 07-11-2019 at 18:46.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast