Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

If you take time to develop relationships with your businesses this is less likely to happen. We got to know all the employees at our local Starbucks and would sit down and have conversations with them on our downtime in the mornings.
    On the other side of fear lies freedom.

User Info Menu

Just ask them to use the clearing barrel.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chipbennett View Post
    Out of curiosity: how would refusing to move/leave not have been law-abiding? (I'll concede the part about being suspended/fired, and weep for their working conditions if true.)
    If a business owner or their proxy ask you to leave, and you refuse, you are breaking the law.... unless, under Indiana law, you have a "contractual interest." And buying a product at the place of business isn't a contractual interest.
    I Have the Worst Crew Ever

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
    If a business owner or their proxy ask you to leave, and you refuse, you are breaking the law.... unless, under Indiana law, you have a "contractual interest." And buying a product at the place of business isn't a contractual interest.
    Out of curiousity, even if the product is meant to be consumed there?
    Yes I am for gun control!! A firm grip, steady aim, and a gentle squeeze!!

What comes after your first "infraction"? Double Secret Probation perhaps???

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by femurphy77 View Post
    Out of curiousity, even if the product is meant to be consumed there?
    Yep, even if. They say leave, you leave. You can ask for your money back, but they don't have to pony it up then and there; you're probably going to have to complain to corporate, and if you're really feeling abused, sue.

Plinker

User Info Menu

The coffee is somewhat expensive and the selection of donuts is not great. I am sure there are more welcoming establishments in their patrol area...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chipbennett View Post
    Also a reasonable response.

Though I like the thought of them simply ignoring the barista, waiting for her to call the police to report "trespassers", and then being the ones to respond when dispatch requests officers to the location.
    I don't like that idea at all. We can't condone officers being JBTs when we don't like the bad, legal, behavior of others. The officers conducted themselves exactly as professionals should.

User Info Menu

Had I been there an observed this, I think I would have complained to the barista that the person who complained about the cops made me feel "uncomfortable" and "less safe."

User Info Menu

So, if you order dinner at a restaurant, you don't have a contractual interest in consuming that meal at the restaurant?

How is ordering a coffee drink at Starbucks and sitting down at a table materially any different?

User Info Menu

Yep, even if. They say leave, you leave. You can ask for your money back, but they don't have to pony it up then and there; you're probably going to have to complain to corporate, and if you're really feeling abused, sue.
    Is there case law on this question? Again, I argue that providing tables and chairs intended to be used to consume products purchased on the premises constitutes the same contractual interest as eating at any other restaurant.

We are long-past the time when any proprietor could ask any patron to leave for any reason whatsoever. "Right of accommodation", and all.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast