• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Yesterday I was outside working on a lawn mower, and I was getting attacked by a swarm of mosquitos. In a fit of frustration I sprayed a cloud of WD-40 into the air. As soon as the mosquitos flew into the WD-40 they came crashing down to the ground like they had just been shot with anti-aircraft fire. Every time a new mosquito started buzzing me I hit it with WD-40, and soon, there were no more mosquitos in the area.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've always heard that WD-40 and duct tape should be in every tool box. If it doesn't move and it should, use the WD-40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use the duct tape. :):

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    5cd.jpg

boosteds13cc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Lowell
    I have one of those bug catchers from tractor supply. Has a uv light and a fan to suck the bugs into a catch can area. Works tremendously. (Need to get another) have citronella plants, lemon grass, lavander, mint, and lemon balm around my deck. It works...only thing that sucks is in the back area where i water (huge garden) and that area is a no go zone after 6pm.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    WD40 is unique but it's not that great a lubricant.

Lubricants are for post menopausal dating. WD40 is penetrating oil. Apparently, there is a difference. :dunno:

Truth of the matter is that it was developed as a water dispersal agent (hence "WD") and was found useful as a penetrant and lubricant. That said, there are better examples available for both functions.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I found a use for it the other day too. It gets melted crayon out of car seats from when your kid leaves one in your car on nice hot sunny day.

Top Bottom