Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by COOPADUP View Post
    What's the dress code at the Sushi Club ? Casual with the OWB 1911 ?
    Yep. This was right behind the Sushi club last summer. 22 shots fired, one landed where it was aimed.
    https://www.wthr.com/article/teen-se...itys-west-side

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KMaC View Post
    Yep. This was right behind the Sushi club last summer. 22 shots fired, one landed where it was aimed.
    https://www.wthr.com/article/teen-se...itys-west-side
    Is that the same restaurant that was in the discussion? I thought it was on the Southside of town

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    You're not fooling anyone. USAF dining facilities in war zones are probably like Brazilian steak houses, but with better service.
    Right?!? When I was in the "real" Army, back in the 1980's, a detachment of us from Fort Campbell flew in to Griffiss AFB, a tiny base in upstate NY. When we went to the USAF mess hall for dinner, we were REALLY, REALLY surprised at how much it was like a civilian cafeteria and certain NOT like an Army "dining facility." They actually served food the Airmen actually wanted to eat, and they had CHOICES. CHOICES. Really, CHOICES.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by COOPADUP View Post
    Is that the same restaurant that was in the discussion? I thought it was on the Southside of town
    My bad. You're right, the restaurant suggested is on the southside. There are two in Indy.
    https://www.google.com/search?source...30.4gQe-upyrKw

User Info Menu

You're not fooling anyone. USAF dining facilities in war zones are probably like Brazilian steak houses, but with better service.
    My brother (on INGO as repeater) described visiting an AF DFAC as heavenly, or at least that's the way it sounded.
    Said he enjoyed it so much, he wanted to go outside and puke, so he could go back in and eat again.
    "Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

Actaeon - act'-tee-on
    The death of Actaeon - http://www.paleothea.com/Myths/Actaeon.html

User Info Menu

Like many things in life, it depends. The two USAF chow halls in Iceland (Rockville Radar Site and the West End of the flightline when we had F-15s there) were outstanding. The Keflavik NAS Iceland Navy EDF (Enlisted Dining Facility, should've been Early Death Facility) was awful. Icelandics can't cook. Moody AFB, Georgia? Sucked. Most flightline snack bars (walk-up/to go chow halls)? Pretty good. Gunter Annex of Maxwell AFB, Alabama? Awful.

I mentioned Qatar earlier (CAOC Compound was much smaller so it was better than the HUGE one over in Coalition Compound). TCNs (Third-Country Nationals) working there with USAF Food Services troops acting as QAEs (Quality Assurance Evaluators). We knew what day of the week it was by what we were eating. Friday was Italian, Tuesday was Southern (cornmeal breaded fish, baked mac&cheese, cornbread). Coffee, you couldn't use it as paint remover because it ate the metal. Add 1/4 cup of hot water and it was just battery acid. One of the dishwashers looked like Saddam Hussein. Want an omelette? Two Filipino dudes who argued all the time worked the grill nearly every day (then again, we worked nearly everyday too.) I think the HUGE chow halls at Balad, Iraq were on par with ours. I never made it to Kirkuk, but I heard theirs was AWESOME. Oh yeah, we had fresh baked cookies and and a TCN to dip our ice cream. What can I say, I picked the right recruiter
    INGOer #25,448

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KellyinAvon View Post
    You can go eat sushi. To get a large group of INGOers? Might want to go with beef cooked with fire.
    We’ve had a couple very successful sushi meet and eats.
    If you’re free you’ll never see the walls.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactically Fat View Post
    Listen to Rhino, Coach, NHT3, and as much as I hate to say it, Chezuki. :-)
    Mooresville #78 F. & A. M.

I Care...Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chezuki View Post
    We’ve had a couple very successful sushi meet and eats.
    Like I said..........I will probably just watch. Sushi or burgers is OK with me.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by VUPDblue View Post
    no sushi?! that's unamerican!!
    Raw fish in July? Sounds more like a fishin' meet and greet
    The more you sweat in training the less you bleed in battle.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    Right?!? When I was in the "real" Army, back in the 1980's, a detachment of us from Fort Campbell flew in to Griffiss AFB, a tiny base in upstate NY. When we went to the USAF mess hall for dinner, we were REALLY, REALLY surprised at how much it was like a civilian cafeteria and certain NOT like an Army "dining facility." They actually served food the Airmen actually wanted to eat, and they had CHOICES. CHOICES. Really, CHOICES.

When you visited Griffiss was a SAC base, home to a squadron of BUFFs and tankers that stood nuclear alert every day, they had a TAC squadron of air defense interceptors (F-106)...they had nukes too standing alert, it also hosted the Air Force Research Lab for Command and Control and the NORAD North Eastern Air Defense Sector. It sports a 13,000' runway that's 750' wide. It may not have been Army land space big but the AF doesn't need to own maneuver area because theirs is all of the atmosphere over the planet. The lab and now EADS are still there.

Some of the best grub I ever had in the military was in the Army in the field. Our mess hall was vying for the award of "Best Field Kitchen" in the FRG and served up T-Bone steaks, shrimp, lobster, baked potatoes with all the fixins and more that I don't recall right now but it was quite the spread. After they blew their entire years budget not getting that award we spent a lot of time eating C-Rats.

When I went through OTS in the AF the mess hall had two different sides, fast food and "healthy". Fast food side was burgers and fries, fried chicken and mashed potatoes, etc. The "healthy" side was lobster, steak, baked potatoes, etc. The line on the healthy side was always shorter
    Thor himself has spoken, mere mortals must make it so. - bradmedic04

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast