• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    1024px-US_Navy_060314-N-8997S-003_Ensign_Rebecca_Ruesch_paints_the_Navy_Battle_E_on_the_amphibious_transport_dock_ship_USS_Austin_(LPD_4).jpg

On a Navy ship that just won the "Battle E" (Battle Effectiveness Award)

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    My blood pressure has been unusually high lately, and when I mentioned it to the doc, he stopped the exam before he even really got started so I could attempt to make an appointment with my NP in Winchester. They, evidently, were much less concerned and said maybe I could just slip in to the walk in clinic next door. THEY, when they heard the numbers, wanted no part of it and suggested I get thee hence to the ER. So evidently, if you have anything more serious than a cold, Winchester may not be the place to go.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My blood pressure has been unusually high lately, and when I mentioned it to the doc, he stopped the exam before he even really got started so I could attempt to make an appointment with my NP in Winchester. They, evidently, were much less concerned and said maybe I could just slip in to the walk in clinic next door. THEY, when they heard the numbers, wanted no part of it and suggested I get thee hence to the ER. So evidently, if you have anything more serious than a cold, Winchester may not be the place to go.

It seems that's the new norm with blood pressure numbers.
    At the mill, we tend to be a "bit" older. Younger kids don't want the danger, dirt, heat, etc.
    And in maintenance, it's even worse. Kids don't seem to learn how to turn wrenches anymore.
    (not all. Just lower numbers where we're having a hard time filling even the spots the company will let us).
    So all the maintenance is even older than the production guys.
    I can't count on my fingers and tows where someone was not allowed to work, till getting clearance from their doctor, AND the company doctor.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Wow, I would have thought there were better safety procedures in a mill than to lose them ALL! And personally, I've learned after about the 3rd finger injury, to keep then out of the way.

;):D

Rick

Back 10 to 15 years ago, I remember adding up the number of people in the shop, and the number of amputations.
    Approx. 1 in 10 were missing a finger, toe, or part of the foot.
    That was the people I worked with. Didn't include those that lost enough that they couldn't come back to work.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom