Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    Master

User Info Menu

One in Vigo county was put in behind a newer commercial development. It has two of the four roads exiting it going no where for now. It isnít a busy road.

Two are where a new state road cut off another state road. It is busy but it was stop signs if not roundabouts.

Another is on a state highway by by the airport. It isnít a very busy road but probably is on air guard training weekends.

The final one is in northern Vigo county. The county wanted to put in stop light. A traffic counter didnít put enough traffic to validity of adding one. The county got a grant to redo the four way intersection into a roundabout.

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by terrehautian View Post
    The county got a grant to redo the four way intersection into a roundabout.
    So the gubment is pushing roundabouts? Why? What's in it for them?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Duck View Post
    And don't get me started on Asian drivers.

No....it's not racist to say. Yes...it's stereotypical but only because IT"S TRUE. One of my Vietnamese friends use to scream at bad Asian drivers more than anyone I ever knew. (CA traffic) Then he would rant about it for the rest of the day. If questioned about HIS driving, he would say that he's one of the exceptions.

When his sister started to drive he would refuse to get in the car with her. As far as I know, he still won't.

Yeah, those drivers from Uzbekistan and Yemen are the worst!

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

User Info Menu

Carmel put a lot in at 4 way stops. It was more quick to stop and go than slow roll through each roundabout. I didn't like them from the start.
    I'm gonna, riiiide 'till I can't no more.

User Info Menu

And I scraped some paint in a roundabout this morning. If everyone would just stop.
    I'm gonna, riiiide 'till I can't no more.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sigblitz View Post
    And I scraped some paint in a roundabout this morning. If everyone would just stop.
    I thought the whole point was to not stop unless you have to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?

User Info Menu

They have really cleared up traffic in my neck of the woods. I would be OK with every intersection being like this.

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ATOMonkey View Post
    They have really cleared up traffic in my neck of the woods. I would be OK with every intersection being like this.
    Roundabouts take up a lot of real estate. They are too big to use everywhere so they should choose wisely where to use them so they may be an improvement instead of just a waste of space.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ATOMonkey View Post
    There are so many more intersections in the Greenwood area where I wish they'd install them.
    Amazing Grace, how sweet was her sound.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Have y'all seen that cluster-uh....fork, Greenwood put in at Smith Valley Rd and Madison Ave? I think it must have been funded by a coalition of local body shops.
    If your crystal meth dealer has all his teeth, he's a cop!

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast