Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MRockwell View Post
    ...probably not as much as the guy that pulled out in front of me.

Now comes the fun part of dealing with insurance.
    20 years with my truck and this is the first collision.

I wish people would pay more attention to what they are doing. How the hell do you not see a big-ass truck?!?
    As I learned when going through pilot training: Keep your head out of the cockpit! If more people would learn this, maybe driving wouldn't be so nerve-wracking.

At least tomorrow is Friday.

Oh, I'm definitely going to need a new front bumper...anyone have a good recommendation for a heavy duty steel bumper?

They are dangerous when riding a bike in them too, people just cut from the inner lane to the outer because they cannot pre-plan on the exit they need. People in general need to put the phones down. My wife and I were heading to Brownsburg on 267 from Lebanon and some lady crossed the median by a half car... on her phone..fortunately I was paying attention and hit the edge of the smooth pavement. Itís a scary place out there on two wheels.

User Info Menu

I don't dislike them as much as I used to and have finally been convinced that they reduce my travel time compared to stop signs and lights. That said, Carmel has one with a stop light. That I'm still scratching my head about.
    There's lots of ________ on here who don't fit your particular stereotype, smearing us with goofball sophistry is what is out of line. It just makes gunowners look like *******s.

- CarmelHP

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    If you really want some fun, enter one going left. That really confuses the other drivers!
    When they were first bringing these to my area, there were a lot of complaints. One that stood out was that it would cause damage to their vehicles steering system because they would be turning left a lot more then right and the system needed to be balanced out. Was tempting to tell them that they should go out late at night and drive backwards through them to 'balance' their cars steering components. But that would not be professional.

If you want to have fun with roundabouts, get enough people together where you can fill the roundabout with your vehicles and just keep driving in the circle, not letting anyone enter.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phylodog View Post
    I don't dislike them as much as I used to and have finally been convinced that they reduce my travel time compared to stop signs and lights. That said, Carmel has one with a stop light. That I'm still scratching my head about.
    136th and Keystone? If that's the one you're talking about it's close to the high school and used to control after school and game traffic.
    I Have the Worst Crew Ever

User Info Menu

Well Carmel had second stop light in the world right? Gotta keep it fresh

I was behind a guy yesterday in a work van who blew through a 4-way stop doing 50mph. Saddle club and Smokey row in greenwood. Hard to see the cross street even when stopped. Glad no one died
    Amazing Grace, how sweet was her sound.

Love them as if you'll lose them.

User Info Menu

Yield? Hah! The only practical rule of roundabouts is that the more aggressive driver takes the right of way.

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

tsm
    Plinker

User Info Menu

You should try a couple of the roundabouts in Fort Wayne. An active train track passes right thru the center of them. Guess who gets the right of way!

Master

User Info Menu

There is five in Vigo county, three are on busier roads, one is on a non busy road with the last on a semi busy state road. I love them, just wished everyone knew how to use them. All but one are single lane ones. The one non single lane is on a non busy street with two of the streets that it exits off of going no where for now.

User Info Menu

Just about all of them should be the single lane type because the diameters are so small there is no time to make use of the inner lane
    You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you

User Info Menu

We had an exurb with a significant cohort of the elderly. They had a couple with retention ponds in the middle but they became drowning machines for the befuddled
    You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast