Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

I Hate Roundabouts, But...

...probably not as much as the guy that pulled out in front of me.

Now comes the fun part of dealing with insurance.
    20 years with my truck and this is the first collision.

I wish people would pay more attention to what they are doing. How the hell do you not see a big-ass truck?!?
    As I learned when going through pilot training: Keep your head out of the cockpit! If more people would learn this, maybe driving wouldn't be so nerve-wracking.

At least tomorrow is Friday.

Oh, I'm definitely going to need a new front bumper...anyone have a good recommendation for a heavy duty steel bumper?
    Last edited by MRockwell; 07-11-2019 at 21:59.

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear that.

Some people struggle with what yield means.

User Info Menu

That's one of the benefits of roundabouts, less serious accidents. Sorry about the damage, but glad it was your can and not you.
    I Have the Worst Crew Ever

User Info Menu

It's settled down a lot since people have gotten more used to them, but I've seen some alarming things.
    Geeking out on ancestry; 17th great grandson of Geoffrey Chaucer, and a bunch of dukes, knights, princesses, kings and stuff. Of course, once you turn over a rock and one king crawls out, you're pretty much infested with them. And what did I tell you? Charlemagne, Holy Roman Emperor, Charles "The Hammer" Martel, and a truckload of others. This is getting better: "The Bonny Earl O'Moray" was an ancestor, and the origin of the term mondegreen: They slew the Earl O'Moray and Lady Mondegreen

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
    That's one of the benefits of roundabouts, less serious accidents. Sorry about the damage, but glad it was your can and not you.
    Yup! Bent steel can be replaced. I too am glad it wasn't worse than what it was.

I grew up on U.S. 31, I've seen a lot of bad accidents.
    I am grateful that my only injury is a bruised thumb from banging on the steering wheel after it happened.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Evilwrench View Post
    It's settled down a lot since people have gotten more used to them, but I've seen some alarming things.
    This one was near Grand Park(191st & 31). I try to avoid it, but had to go that route today.
    I am around Carmel a lot, mostly customer's homes, and I agree it has settled down a lot. I actually like roundabouts, except when I'm pulling my cargo trailer.

I Care...Really

User Info Menu

On my usual routes there are several and it never fails that someone will not understand exactly what *Yield* means.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Not understanding the "yield" part goes both way. I see them pull out in front of people but even more is they come up to the roundabout and even though there isn't anyone in it they will come to a complete stop and sit there before they enter. That irritates me almost more because if I am behind them I usually am looking more at what is coming around the circle then have to stand on the peddle.
    It's all true!!! The Boogieman IS real, and you found him!!!

User Info Menu

If you really want some fun, enter one going left. That really confuses the other drivers!
    “We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level of our training.” -Archilochus

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    On my usual routes there are several and it never fails that someone will not understand exactly what *Yield* means.
    Roundabouts SUCK, and have no place in a civilized society!
    "But officer, I yield as loud as I could".

Seriously, we had a driver ROLLOVER a car on a roundabout just last week.
    How o God's green earth do you manage to roll a vehicle in a soft turn where the speed limit is 30mph?
    I have seen people turn left into a roundabout at least a half dozen times in Lafayette and they haven't yet been here for but a couple of years.
    We had one driver go over the hill in the middle of the roundabout, just straightened it out, like it wasn't there.

Lafayette has a huge number of transient residents and drivers.
    We have people from every corner of the globe trying to navigate our streets on any given day.
    Sometimes it seems like participating in a demolition derby just to go across town.
    Dormant U.S.Marine/ NRA Benefactor-Life

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast