Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Info Menu

21st Century Agony of Defeat

I'm starting the week with a colossal failure: I dropped a USB drive in the toilet.

The feeling I had when I stood there looking at it at the bottom of the bowl would easily equal the ABC Wide World of Sports agony of defeat image of the ski jumper. Well, minus the life-threatening injuries. But that dude didn't have to stick his hand in the commode to snatch a USB drive out of the water either.

At least it was "pre-elimination."

I washed my hands three times and rinsed the drive with water, then wiped it down twice with rubbing alcohol. Now I wait until I am sure that it's dry before I check to see if it's functional. If so, I'll transfer all the data to a new drive.

UGH.

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

User Info Menu

Thatís crappy.

Hopefully it will work long enough to get the data off of the drive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

I do have some privacy concerns with savings files to Google drive or other cloud storage option, but at least with Google drive, I'll never have to fish that important file out of the commode.

ETA: if you're dropping your USB into the toilet, you're probably taking the phrase "doing your business" in the bathroom a bit too literally.
    Well the sheriff couldn't catch me now, but his little girl? Sure wish she would.

Expert

User Info Menu

Worse? Bobbing for drives...
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous...

Plinker

User Info Menu

Men have pockets for a reason, use them! :-)

Premium Case Lube

User Info Menu

rhino, I am absolutely going to an start saying ďIíve got to drop a USBĒ every time I go to the restroom. And not just when I have to sit.
    Premium case lube made in Fishers, Indiana.
    Now offering annealing services.
    www.Facebook.com/BadBrassSauce
    www.BadBrassSauce.com

User Info Menu

For a bit of good news: I inadvertently ran a USB drive through the washer and dryer, and it worked find after its adventure. (By "inadvertently," I mean I was too dumb to check my pants pockets when I washed that load. )

But, but, but... I echo the question: WHAT were you doing in the WC with a USB in your hand? Inquiring minds want to know!

User Info Menu

Uncoiled white rice.

Unless brown is more appropriate.
    Yes I am for gun control!! A firm grip, steady aim, and a gentle squeeze!!

What comes after your first "infraction"? Double Secret Probation perhaps???

User Info Menu

My son has put one thorough our washing machine in his pocket. My frustration faded when I put a mouse dongle through three days later
    Amazing Grace, how sweet was her sound.

Love them as if you'll lose them.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MCgrease08 View Post
    I do have some privacy concerns with savings files to Google drive or other cloud storage option, but at least with Google drive, I'll never have to fish that important file out of the commode.

ETA: if you're dropping your USB into the toilet, you're probably taking the phrase "doing your business" in the bathroom a bit too literally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast