• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    If a person has a disqualified Class A CDL due to not renewing a medical, are they also disqualified from other driving license privileges in Indiana?
    Have a friend that has a number of years remaining on their license but no longer has the CDL need and they don't want to pay for a renewal until the date on the license or at least until the last possible moment for the Real ID, which they thought was in their wallet all these years. I mean if previous Indiana Drivers Licenses weren't real ID...... I digress, the first question is the important one.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    The "med disqualify" only applies to the commercial portion of the license. The 'operator' portion is unaffected when the commercial part is disqualified.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    CDL is just an endorsement on your operator's license. If you're pulled over in your car, the officer won't run the CDL part, just the operator's part. If you're pulled over in a semi truck, they'll make sure your CDL is current. I stopped driving the bus and let my CDL lapse. They asked at the license branch a couple of years later if I was renewing the CDL, I told her no, so the endorsement was not put on the new license.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    The BMV is amazingly good at answering question like this. Quick too.

Huh, you jest right? Up here it's like winning the lottery to get someone at the branch to answer the phone.....it would be even more foolish to attempt contact with the BMV at the hour this question was posed here. My friend renewed his vehicle registration online last nite and happened to notice the drivers license stated disqualified and wondered out loud if they should renew before leaving on vacation. I told um, no worry, I'll find the answer where everybody knows a little bit of everything and that's why I came here.

After all those years of using a current drivers license to buy alcohol, both I and the sellers thought it was a real ID and now we're told it wasn't, it's all so confusing.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom