• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    When did we switch from reporting the actual ambient air temperature to the heat index? I know why, it lets them post inflated temperatures to further the global warming agenda. I'm sure most people don't realize this and now think the temperature has taken a huge jump as weather liars get to report about 90+ even though in all the years past it was 80. We all know that the humidity makes it feel worse, but the actual temp is pretty standard when compared to previous years. :soapbox::ranton::oldwise:

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    It's all planned to make us feel worse than we actually feel. I wonder if they report the same way in the Western states where there is little humidity. Are the "temps" colder in Arizona?

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Where are you getting your weather? TV? Google still tells me the temp when I ask. Also I think I'd prefer to know what it feels like than the actual temp, wind chill is a *****.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    They give both and it is helpful and informative. It's been reported this way as long as I can remember, including in my grade school days when the scare was global cooling. My job often has me outside for long periods in dress clothes. I appreciate the additional information.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Since they're gonna tell you heat index anyway i just use it as a guide for how high the humidity is gonna be for that particular day. However i can just walk outside in the morning and determine its humid

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    "Feels like" temps are nonsense.

Fabricated concepts so that TV stations can sensationalize EVERYTHING including standard summer weather.

Give me the expected temp and dew point. I'll take it from there.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I prefer the weather stone, its way more accurate than the weatherman.

Mb0tq1e.jpg

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I am old and can still remember the actual temperature being over 100* several times right here in Indiana. So the 90's don't seem as outlandish as it seems to be for people on TV.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I am old and can still remember the actual temperature being over 100* several times right here in Indiana. So the 90's don't seem as outlandish as it seems to be for people on TV.

I sure remember it to. My first year corn detasseling in 1989 the temp hit 107° on the first day. A lot of kids quit halfway thru the day

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    "Feels like" temps are nonsense.

Fabricated concepts so that TV stations can sensationalize EVERYTHING including standard summer weather.

Give me the expected temp and dew point. I'll take it from there.

I assume you feel the same way about windchill? Just give you the temperature and wind speed?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It took me forever to convince the females in the family to stop listening to the weather guessers. They are on a hype it up for ratings agenda and they do not have a freaking clue. The info on my phone tends to be far more accurate with out all the gesturing and big words.

Idiots.

Top Bottom