• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    So over the years Ive owned 8-10 Kawasaki products, from ATV's to motorcycles, to UTV's. Currently I have a Kawasaki Teryx 4. Its a 2012 with about 2k miles.

Well out of warranty, A pretty major component gives up the ghost inside the motor. I read about the problem online (nut on the back of a bevel gear), and learned its a pricy fix.

I took it to my local dealer (I'm a decent customer of theirs.) and he agreed the nut was the problem. We started talking trade in vs fixing as this is a 3500 dollar issue. He mentioned he would call Kawasaki and see what they were willing to do. When he called Kawasaki said they would do nothing, but he suggested I call as the customer always has better luck than the dealer. I figured I had nothing to lose, so I called. Kawasaki called my local dealer to confirm everything I said, and told my local guy to fix it, and send them the bill since the issue was not caused by me.

Im floored. I never in my wildest dreams figured it would be free. I was hoping for free/discounted parts since it wasnt my fault. Now I see why I only buy their products.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Not nearly as pricey but we bought a used patio umbrella one time at a garage sale for $10. It's the kind that you extend out by cranking a handle and the canopy opens like a flower might. Anyhoo we used it for 2 or 3 years before the fabric became so brittle it finally gave up the ghost. We contacted the manufacturer about possibly buying a new canopy to install on the frame because everything else was in perfect working order. The lady told me they weren't in production of that particular model but would be in 6 months and they would contact me at that time to talk about a new canopy. We packed the thing away and forgot about but one day we came home to a missed delivery notice on our front door that told us where we could pick up the item but to bring a truck as it was a large package.

Neither one of us had ordered anything so more out of curiousity than anything we drove over to the dock and there waiting for us was a complete brand new assembly sans the mounting pedestal. The kicker is that it was no charge!:rockwoot: I had been honest with her when I talked to her and told her it was a used item when we bought it and figured I'd get a nice invoice in a few days so decided to call them up. The lady on the phone was the same one I had talked to 6 months earlier and she said they appreciated my honesty about the problem with the product as opposed to some calls they receive just trying to scam free product so they just sent me the new unit. She even offered to send me a new base but I assured her it wasn't necessary!

Occasionally you do still run into good companies and good people.

Top Bottom