Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Talking Grandson crying in jail!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My 16 yer old Grandson came to see me today. While he is here I get a phone call with him crying that he is in jail in Columbus, Ohio". He has a 5 min call to raise bail. He doesn't want me to call mom and dad till he is out of jail so please don't call them. He would call them as soon as he was out. My grandson is setting there trying not to laugh to loud. The phone guy then said a public defender would call in 2 min to explain how I could pay from the phone. He hung up the phone then about 30 sec the phone rings and Will Tell is on the phone from the public defenders office asking me if I'm ready to pay for his bail. He needs my credit card, I tell him the head RN won't let me have it. How am I going to help my unknown grandson out of jail? It must be the 4 year old that had the car accident with the 16 year old setting there.
    Battle of Belleau Wood, The Battle of Iwo Jima, Battle of Chosin Reservor,Tet Offensive!

Hop

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

You heartless bastard! I can't believe you're sitting there with your grandson laughing about your grandson being in jail!

Think of the children!!!!
    Yes I am for gun control!! A firm grip, steady aim, and a gentle squeeze!!

What comes after your first "infraction"? Double Secret Probation perhaps???

Expert

User Info Menu

This scam actually works sometimes with the elderly. An older women I know fell for it, and actually went to the Walgreens to get the money sent. The teller at Walgreens knew her, and called one of her kids to come sort it out, so the money was never sent. Very sad situation.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mmpsteve View Post
    This scam actually works sometimes with the elderly. An older women I know fell for it, and actually went to the Walgreens to get the money sent. The teller at Walgreens knew her, and called one of her kids to come sort it out, so the money was never sent. Very sad situation.

Yep, the reason scammers do it is because they know the odds will eventually connect them to somebody that falls for it. Iíve always said when a scammer is caught, they should receive a fair trial, and if convicted, be sentenced to a PUBLIC execution.
    Though it's just a memory
    Some memories last forever- RUSH- Lakeside Park

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Is your grandson's bondsman a part time Nigerian banker?
    If your crystal meth dealer has all his teeth, he's a cop!

User Info Menu

My Mom got a call from someone claiming to be her grandson. Had the names right, was in jail in New York. After listening to the story, Mom said, "Well that's too bad."
    INGOer #25,448

Plinker

User Info Menu

these scams are getting crazier and crazier

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Interesting to hear that folks actually answer calls from unknown numbers.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

Grandmaster DeadeyeChrista'sdad's Avatar

User Info Menu

Not real funny to me.

Some A hole called an elderly uncle pretending I was in jail in Florida.

He gave them a LOT of money.

Worse, a couple of the details of the story lead me to believe the A hole had more intimate knowledge of my uncle than the average telephone con man could possibly have.
    I hear They call him Flipper. Yes... yes, I'm serious.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast