• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Best narrative: https://www.stripes.com/news/us/onl...-silver-star-for-afghanistan-heroism-1.590770

Pictures of him receiving awards: https://www.expressnews.com/news/lo...-14105471.php?utm_campaign=123#photo-17875670

TSgt Perolio was a Joint Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC) attached to a Special Forces unit in Afghanistan. The solo vehicle he was riding in was taken under fire by a PKM in ambush, and three of the five occupants badly wounded, including the unit commander. TSgt Perolio was not wounded, but aided the wounded, set up defensive fire, transported them out of the area, called in a ground QRF and air strikes that killed 12 bandits and wiped out the PKM position.

:patriot:

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Kudos to TSgt Perolio! Great work. Now back to the air-conditioned barracks. ;)

Tents, actually. Air-conditioned tents. Single-wides if you were aircrew.

TSgt Perolio was attached to the Army, so I'm pretty sure he had stone-age quarters during his tour.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Makes me kinda proud that I have a son serving in the Air Force. Jokes aside (though living in AC controlled housing is accurate) :) Airmen become valuable assets when attached to another military unit depending on what their AFSC is.

Just ask any Seal, Ranger or Force Recon guy how thankful they were to see a PJ come on pluck them out of trouble! Or a unit that needs comms.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Well deserved.
    Those AF guys doing those jobs are no joke and save good guys asses and kill bad guys by the ton. I know someone who worked with one who was finally (long overdue) awarded the MOH. His huge balls dug trenches in the rock on that mountain in afghanistan.

Top Bottom