Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

User Info Menu

Dropping F-Bomb Increases Pain Tolerance By A Third, Study Finds

https://www.studyfinds.org/dropping-...ain-tolerance/

The authors recruited volunteers to test the new words alongside a traditional swear word and a control word while their hands were submerged in ice water. They found that new swear words did not raise pain tolerance as much as swearing did, despite participants rating the new words as emotion-evoking and humorous.

“From a young age we typically learn to associate them with high-stress situations and that they are forbidden. The study found that these strong sentiments cannot be mimicked by newly created swear words,” says Dr. Stephens. “Although the words we created, twizpipe or fouch, were shown to be similar to existing swear words in that they were rated as emotion evoking and humorous, they didn’t cut it when it came to pain relief. Repeating the f-word was the best option for increasing tolerance to pain.”
    So... accept no substitutes, I guess.

User Info Menu

Twizpipe. I think I'm going to use that. I don't know what for, yet.
    Geeking out on ancestry; 17th great grandson of Geoffrey Chaucer, and a bunch of dukes, knights, princesses, kings and stuff. Of course, once you turn over a rock and one king crawls out, you're pretty much infested with them. And what did I tell you? Charlemagne, Holy Roman Emperor, Charles "The Hammer" Martel, and a truckload of others. This is getting better: "The Bonny Earl O'Moray" was an ancestor, and the origin of the term mondegreen: They slew the Earl O'Moray and Lady Mondegreen

User Info Menu

I wonder if it works to just think it? I'm always looking for ways to be painless but I don't want my patients trying to say "F!" when I am injecting inside their mouth.
    Putting firearms' contribution back in our history makes a more complete telling. Teaching marksmanship in that context deepens the understanding. Revere's Riders, because history involved guns!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SmileDocHill View Post
    ...but I don't want my patients trying to say "F!" when I am injecting inside their mouth.
    Before saying that, you should clarify your occupation for those new to INGO. Otherwise, they might go...
    Necessity is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ghuns View Post
    Before saying that, you should clarify your occupation for those new to INGO. Otherwise, they might go...
    WOW, totally didn't read it at first. I see it now. Thanks for the chance to clarify. LOL. I am a male prostitute.
    That was close.
    Putting firearms' contribution back in our history makes a more complete telling. Teaching marksmanship in that context deepens the understanding. Revere's Riders, because history involved guns!

User Info Menu

...Thanks for the chance to clarify. LOL. I am a male prostitute...
    At least you didn't say you were a podiatrist. Cause that'd be weirder.
    Necessity is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

User Info Menu

I wonder if it works to just think it? I'm always looking for ways to be painless but I don't want my patients trying to say "F!" when I am injecting inside their mouth.

Uh. . . . .
    Yes I am for gun control!! A firm grip, steady aim, and a gentle squeeze!!

What comes after your first "infraction"? Double Secret Probation perhaps???

User Info Menu

WOW, totally didn't read it at first. I see it now. Thanks for the chance to clarify. LOL. I am a male prostitute.
    That was close.
    You forgot the unemployed part.

User Info Menu

FOUCH!, totally didn't read it at first. I see it now. Thanks for the chance to clarify. LOL. I am a male prostitute.
    That was close.
    FIFY.

Semi-Moderator

User Info Menu

I.
    LOVE.
    INGO.

Ghuns, you win the internet....forever.

Need help posting Pictures? GO HERE for imgur
    >>>>>>>>>> www.ingunowners.com/forums/forum-support-suggestions/446735-posting-photos-imgur-ingo.html

Or here for Photobucket https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...-tutorial.html <<<<<<<<<

How to embed a YouTube video....
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...st7836731NGOer

# 22951

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast