• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I did a round of cleaning this morning and thought I'd share a pic of my duty weapon load-out. These things accompany me every day when I'm working, obviously a few live in the car unless needed, but here are all the lethal and less-lethal options I have at my disposal. I thought INGO might find this interesting for one reason or another. Any questions are welcome.

Glock 17M

Smith & Wesson 642

Taser X26P

Sabre Red (OC only, no CS)

Pepperball Inc. Model 98

Remington 870 Police (Less Lethal Only)

LMT AR-15

6psZ5eI.jpg

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Pepper ball. That's a new one to me. Looks like just a basic .68 paintball gun

It's similar. Tippman spun-off Pepperball Inc. and then sold it. The difference is the pepperballs are hard plastic shells. filled with PAVA powder, and traveling +/- 400 fps

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Hey VD,

Why the SBR instead of a 14, 16?

Do you carry a knife?

What your normal ammo load on person?
    I like the weight and maneuverability of the 10.5.
    I carry two knives actually, a ZT-0350 in support-side pants pocket and a pro-tec auto in my vest carrier pocket.
    On my person I have 3 mags of 17 for the Glock, a 20-round P-mag, and no extras for the Smith.

That should leave a nice mark.
    It does. It's not pleasant. Trust me.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I like the weight and maneuverability of the 10.5.
    I carry two knives actually, a ZT-0350 in support-side pants pocket and a pro-tec auto in my vest carrier pocket.
    On my person I have 3 mags of 17 for the Glock, a 20-round P-mag, and no extras for the Smith.

It does. It's not pleasant. Trust me.

I carry the same 2 knives. They are stellar in the roles intended. Brad has ruined me.
    My Pro-Tech is the TR-3 Swat 154 CM and I love it.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Thanks for the pic VUPD. A couple questions: Your less-lethal 870, is it a regular 870 or can it only fire less-lethal rounds? Is carrying a regular (more-lethal) shotgun an option or is it either/or with the AR?

400 fps hard plastic? OUCH! I think I'll remain so law-abiding I'm boring.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I figured you carried a knife or two, I was taught to carry one as a last resort weapon.

Have you fired your AR in a enclosed space without ear pro?
    I was a safety for some guys with 10 or 11 inch barrels and didn’t have my ears on for a few shots WOW, I think it was louder than a 7.62.
    Probably won’t matter in really life auditory exclusion should take over.
    I see the point for a SBR for LEO work easy to move around and light.

Your ammo count seems reasonable considering you have to rundown jump on and wrestle bad people more than shoot them.
    It would be on hell of a gunfight if you need more than that IMO.

Yeah by the time your down to the S&W no time for a reload!

Don't get killed anytime soon I enjoy your posts!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    It's interesting to see that you have more less-lethal weapons than lethal ones.

Are you also issued some kind of impact weapon like an expendable baton or a tonfa?

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan

You carry about the same amount of rounds I do, except I carry four spare Glock 17 mags and the AR mag is a 30 round Pmag. On my vest, the Pmag doesn't get in the way (and is where the fourth Glock mag is mounted). You guys carry a lot more less lethal, but on my shift there is almost always someone with the less lethal shotgun or 40mm on every call. I just don't have either one.

You made me want to play. Mostly to show the difference and similarity in different department issued tools.

Taser X2

Glock 17 (Gen 5)

Glock 43 (the 26 is issued as a backup, but this is thinner and I like it better)

OC

Colt 6945 with YHM suppressor

Remington 700 (soon to be replaced with a Seekins SP-10 as soon as US Optics gets off their asses and ships the optics and then I can DOPE it out and get used tot he different platform)

thumbnail_35714E31-B149-4CE0-8815-82D2F3CC1A78-M.jpg

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Thanks for the pic VUPD. A couple questions: Your less-lethal 870, is it a regular 870 or can it only fire less-lethal rounds? Is carrying a regular (more-lethal) shotgun an option or is it either/or with the AR?

400 fps hard plastic? OUCH! I think I'll remain so law-abiding I'm boring.

We can carry a "regular 870" with Federal 00Buck or an orange "less lethal" 870 with CTS Super Sock beanbag rounds, but not both.

I figured you carried a knife or two, I was taught to carry one as a last resort weapon.

Have you fired your AR in a enclosed space without ear pro?
    I was a safety for some guys with 10 or 11 inch barrels and didn’t have my ears on for a few shots WOW, I think it was louder than a 7.62.
    Probably won’t matter in really life auditory exclusion should take over.
    I see the point for a SBR for LEO work easy to move around and light.

Your ammo count seems reasonable considering you have to rundown jump on and wrestle bad people more than shoot them.
    It would be on hell of a gunfight if you need more than that IMO.

Yeah by the time your down to the S&W no time for a reload!

Don't get killed anytime soon I enjoy your posts!

I've shot the stumpy without ears and it's not pleasant. Our dept is working on allowing suppressors, which I'll most definitely utilize if it happens. The hammerless snubby is basically a last-ditch weapon.

It's interesting to see that you have more less-lethal weapons than lethal ones.

Are you also issued some kind of impact weapon like an expendable baton or a tonfa?

We are issued Asp batons but I opt to not carry it daily. It's heavy and bulky and not a preferred option for me.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It's similar. Tippman spun-off Pepperball Inc. and then sold it. The difference is the pepperballs are hard plastic shells. filled with PAVA powder, and traveling +/- 400 fps

That should leave a nice mark.

Yeah, 300FPS is the max sport speed for paintball, FYI. And thats outdoor. Significantly less for indoor. For good reason.

No pics of your alleged curb stomping boots? I'm disappointed. :D
    FIFY

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I want a 17m so bad.
    Very cool insight into what you use. Walmart screwed up a couple years ago and sold some of those pepperball guns in their stores. Some people got very lucky and for very cheap prices. Those things are mean

Top Bottom