• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    It's always good to see new creative stuff, but it's hard to sell a new idea to a studio when the price tag is really high. Both of my sons are in the film business and tell me that the people making the decisions rarely gamble big.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=16&v=KbXy0f0aCN0

Not that I'm not a fan but this stretches farther than cheap boxers.

I'm actually interested in that... not enough to pay for another streaming service, though. I wouldn't call bringing back actors from previous shows set in the same universe as running out of ideas. It simply looks like they are bringing back characters that were well liked and continuing their story. It could be good, or not. Only time will tell.

Last edited:

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I think there is something to this.....Mark is financing his family's stardom!

Ogc9L4p.jpg

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    82   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I completely agree with the fact that hollywood is sadly lacking in talent.

I am sickened, and saddened by the stupid remakes coming out with zero purpose other than to reshape some stupid social justice ideology, or capitalize on past financial success.

However, I see this Picard thing one as more of a continuation of the story. The Star Trek universe has always kept the story line going bringing old characters back... Picard was one of their more popular characters, and they're bringing him back with a new, well "continuing" story line, even if it is with a new version, of an old foe.

In my book, this is will probably be less of a disappointment than the remakes with the younger actors playing Kirk, and Spock...

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Totally agree, but I think Blade and Picard aren't great examples.

How about literally re-animating things like the Lion King with CGI.

Mahershala Ali as Blade is going to kick ass. And, I think MCU has done a good job in putting twists on the superhero genre. Of course, some of those twists first came in comics, stylistically, but to me they aren't as formulaic as the old superhero tropes.

Picard looks like it will be more character-driven, based on a character that is both familiar but was always kinda obscure.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I wanted to see a remake of Air Force One with Tim Russ as the president. Between '08 and '16 of course.

Eddie Murphy could nave played Mike.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to printcraft again.

Sitting here chuckling, watching it over and over.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    They are remaking "Blade" too with a different actor. It's a damn shame.

i hear wesley snipes is a diva and hard to work with, so while i liked the first blade movie, the second was ok, and blade 3 was a total cash grab, i might get behind a reboot of the blade series (might)

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    i hear wesley snipes is a diva and hard to work with, so while i liked the first blade movie, the second was ok, and blade 3 was a total cash grab, i might get behind a reboot of the blade series (might)

Blade 1 & 2 were some of the best pre-Marvel actual made/pre-MCU Marvel character movies. I agree, 3 was garbage.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Movies are not made for traditional American tastes, they are made for the International market, including not offending the Communist Chinese government. Just saw a report that Biden's Hollywood support stems from the deals he helped broker to get Hollywood movies in China.

Top Bottom