• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Our church has a door control system manufactured by Keri and we are having problems with it.
    Keri refuses to talk to us and says we have to deal with the local distributor.
    The local distributor has charged us excessive fees and not fixed the problem.
    Can anyone help us deal with this system or suggest someone who can help us?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    sledge-hammer-tool-500x500.jpg

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    OK, I'll ask... whats the door system (not) doing besides not working right? Before we go the BFH route...

I feel your pain, to a point... We have a small elevator in our Church that was having issues a few years ago. It turned out to be a couple mis-aligned photo-eyes that we fixed. Not a door but still vendor service issues.

Last edited:

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The problem seems to be software related. The software will run only on Windows 7. We have updates turned off but we still have problems. Currently, we cannot get into the menus which allow activation of key cards.
    Does anyone know a newer, more reliable software program that will operate Keri hardware?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The problem seems to be software related. The software will run only on Windows 7. We have updates turned off but we still have problems. Currently, we cannot get into the menus which allow activation of key cards.
    Does anyone know a newer, more reliable software program that will operate Keri hardware?

Oh, software...

I stand by my recommendation. ;)

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    I'll wait for the more learned :ingo: IT Pros to chime in... But maybe think about setting up a virtual PC with a win 7 or (XP if that works). (If thats too much, try another/different W7 pc?) Is it only compatible with W7? Maybe a driver issue talking to your hardware?

Or what Jetta says. Use a BFH.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Why would u buy an already obsolete system. Windows 7 is at the end of its life as far as Microsoft is concerned. there are forums for the Keri software. I would post on those forums. Good luck. I hate when a vendor doesn't step up. I bet it is their fault it's not working. This is a very common door system with tons of users. Very unlikely it's the kari system.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I can't phrase this where it won't sound harsh but why do you have a computer controlled door? We have well over 150 automated doors in our facility and yes they do have a microprocessor none of them have an actual windows based operating system.

Sorry I can't help you but the companies we use would fall under the overcharge category although they do have good people working for them.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I can't phrase this where it won't sound harsh but why do you have a computer controlled door? We have well over 150 automated doors in our facility and yes they do have a microprocessor none of them have an actual windows based operating system.

Sorry I can't help you but the companies we use would fall under the overcharge category although they do have good people working for them.

So, how do you add and remove access keys? How do you assign access rights? How do you review logs?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    We have well over 150 automated doors in our facility and yes they do have a microprocessor none of them have an actual windows based operating system.

No, but I’d be willing to bet they all report back to a panel or multiple panels which are controlled by a windows-based operating system. This is pretty much the industry standard, whether controlling a few doors, or thousands at an enterprise level.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

Second thought, I’ll think we’re having 2 separate conversations. Automated doors vs access control systems. Keri is an access control company.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo

I'm pretty sure the windows controls the ability to make key cards that would be recognized by the rfid scanner.

schmart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    Lafayette
    Doug,
    Are you running the Keri Doors application? Although I don't have specific knowledge of that application, I have had extensive experience with getting old applications working on newer operating systems. I'm wondering if you happen to be running the older doors32 system which was designed for XP. This likely has 16 bit libraries included and would only work on 32 bit operating systems. Win 7 did have a 32 bit version, but isn't really available after that. Keri does have a new win10 compatible version for download, but unfortunately you have to have a login to access that. I'll PM you the link to their technical page that may give you, or another computer savy person at the church the information you need.
    --Rick

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Thanks to everyone who has posted. I am not the door expert at our church, but I am forwarding this information to the head guy.
    Again INGO comes through...

Top Bottom